What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote controlling the ipad with my iphone

astroboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

When my iPad's docked and plugged into my speakers, I often want to change the music that's playing remotely. Is there any app that allows me to use my iphone via wifi or even bluetooth? There seem to be plenty of apps that allow me to control my computer with either Apple device, but I want one to use the other....

Cheers

OP
A

astroboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it

It's weird because I spent a few days looking for a solution (including stumbling across this site). After posting my question I found two apps:

1. Music remote. This allows you to connect to your device via a browser. It cost me nz $5.29 and was absolutely dreadful. The interface uses ugly HTML frames and didn't respond to my clicks. It also crashed a couple of times. Wish I could get my money back
  2. Tango remote control music player is exactly what I was after. It has a really nice interface and is very responsive. Unlike the other solution I tried, it was free and works equally well on an iPad or an iPhone.

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have airport express then you can use your iPad/iPhone as a remote but it won't be docked and it connects to your iTunes wirelessly instead and you put a cable from your speakers to airport express.

Not what your after but is a good alternative.

Dougra2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Astroboy, you are wonderful. I just bought Tango and it does exactly what I've been trying to do for AGES!!!!

I run Video from my iPad to a remote AV projector, which is in the corner of the room. Now I can use my iPhone to control it. Or I can do Vice versa,if I choose to use the iPhone as the media player and control from my iPad.

Once again, Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Astroboy, you are wonderful. I just bought Tango and it does exactly what I've been trying to do for AGES!!!!

I run Video from my iPad to a remote AV projector, which is in the corner of the room. Now I can use my iPhone to control it. Or I can do Vice versa,if I choose to use the iPhone as the media player and control from my iPad.

Once again, Thank you.
You have replied to a 6 year old thread and techniques may have chsnged. The Tango app, however, is still available in the App Store but it isn't cheap. The price in the Canadian App Store is $11.99.

Most reactions

Latest posts