What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote into iPad with iPhone

iheartnjdevils

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad Air. I use my iPad air to play videos for my son during large drives. However, once a video ends, there is no way for me to begin the next one. Is there a way, or an app for me to remote into my iPad (as you would remote into a desktop) to control my iPad from my iPhone?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad Air. I use my iPad air to play videos for my son during large drives. However, once a video ends, there is no way for me to begin the next one. Is there a way, or an app for me to remote into my iPad (as you would remote into a desktop) to control my iPad from my iPhone?
There is no way for you to control your iPad from your iPhone or any other device. If your iPad is jailbroken you may possibly be able to do it. All you can do for now is stop at the side of the road to change the movie from the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
I

iheartnjdevils

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For support reasons, there has to be something. I can't be the only one using my iPad for my child in the back seat, otherwise they wouldn't make a headrest holder for the iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For support reasons, there has to be something. I can't be the only one using my iPad for my child in the back seat, otherwise they wouldn't make a headrest holder for the iPad.
I'm afraid there isn't a way to remotely control your iPad. Just because a third party accessory maker produces a headrest iPad holder does not mean there has to be a way to remote control the iPad.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Unfortunately, there is no way to remote into a non-jailbroken iPad, as scifan57 points out.

But if you just want to control the movies there is an app for it. iVideoShow

Head over to youtube and have a look at:

and the app is available at the store: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/ivideoshow/id501016015?mt=8

It is a tool to start and control presentations (videos) on other iPads.
If you happen to have another iPad - or an iPhone/iPod Touch - you could control your kids iPad.
BUT: Unfortunately, there is a but, you need wifi in your car. Both devices have to be connected to the same wifi network.
It is a little thinking out of the box with additional gadgets - but it can be done. (apart from the fact that you have a wifi network in your car which might harm your and your kid's health. I consider any technical radiation, waves, beams or rays or whatever they are called harmfull.)

Hope this helps.

Knut

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts