What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote assistance between 2 ipad pro

gemtoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

How can I connect my ipad pro to my 84 yr old mother's ipad pro? 10 hr drive separates us. She had to replace her 2015 ipad pro with a new one. She loves the screen size, but is very frustrated with learning curve. She was quicker to grasp things 7 yrs ago. This is the 4th day, and she is very frustrated. She lives in rural community, no one knows how to teach her. I really need a way to assist her remotely

I have both an ipad pro and windows laptop. Is there any way I can get into her ipad to help her out?
Your comments are very welcomed.

Thx,
gem

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't remote control an iPad, but if both models are on iPadOS 15 or later you can share screens in a Facetime call. This should allow you to see what she sees and talk her through the learning processs.

I have not done this myself, so I can't personally vouch for how easy or effective it is.

OP
G

gemtoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately, my mother is fine with face time, but hesitant to go any further due to poor vision, cannot see where to tap. My face disappears, and she feels she's messing up her ipad.
disappointed there isnt a way to remote assist.

Feedback welcome, has anyone used Screen Sharing to guide user on other end to follow instructions.

Most reactions

Latest posts