What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders location services?

Keytapper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I see you should be able to have a reminder locate you when "leaving work" and remind you to stop at the store. But I have no "location reminder" as seen on Apples site. The button to turn on or off "at a location" reminder is not available. What am I missing? iPad 2 BTW

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but that feature is only on iPhones with iOS 5. They also get Stocks and Weather icons displayed. There are many differences between iPads and iPhones even though it is the same iOS. You're not alone in this confusion.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm. I thought it might work on a 3G iPad. Too bad.

I was surprised when I realized it was missing on my Wi-Fi only iPad, then realized it would be all but useless on it.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have it on my iPhone 3Gs with ios 5. What's up with that? I was looking forward to that.
I am starting to get disappointed with ios 5.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Location services are on but the reminders app is not in the list.
Does anyone else have an iPhone 3GS?

64GB 3G White iPad

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The geo fence was not accurate enough so they pulled reminder location services from the iPhone 3 and iPads before releasing the GM

iPadsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. I'm in South Africa. After updating to iOS 5, all of a sudden on maps my location is only visible as my Province, South Africa. What's up with that? Another tiff between Apple and Google as with Adobe. My iALL will be heading for the bin soon if they keep this up!

Most reactions

Latest posts