What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders by location not an available option on my iPad yet ok on my iPhone.

Stillspaces

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi all just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I do not get the "by location" option in my reminders app on my iPad yet I do on my iPhone. My iPad is a 3G but I do not have a sim in it at present. I also note reminders does not have an appearance in the location services in settings.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks this is my first post.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is the location feature of the Reminders app on the iPad. Something about development/deployment issues.

Maybe someday in an update...

Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. And welcome to the forum! Good to "meet" you.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stillspaces said:

Hi all just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I do not get the "by location" option in my reminders app on my iPad yet I do on my iPhone. My iPad is a 3G but I do not have a sim in it at present. I also note reminders does not have an appearance in the location services in settings.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks this is my first post.

I had noticed this too but I can't get it to work on my 3GS, does location only work on the iPhone 4?

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Informant HD which provides this functionality. You can download the manual from the Developer's website to see if it meets your requirements.

Tim

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am so glad this is the first thread I have read. I have a wifi only Ipad 2 and every so often it asks about my location. What is this for and how should I use it. I think it says something about 'allow' Many thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps want to know where the iPad is located - for example, Maps. The iPad asks you whether you're prepared to allow that app to access your current location. You can decide what apps can access your location without seeking further permission in the 'Settings' menu.

The iPad does this because, for obvious reasons, you might not want an app to have access to your current location.

Tim

iamspoona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. I spoke to Apple Tech Support and can confirm there is no location reminder functionality in the. iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts