What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Release date uk

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read a rumour that ipad will be out april 10th in uk
has any one else heard this

simon1966

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry that is not going to happen, Apple said end of April but i have heard it will be put back to a later date maybe May!

I am from the UK and have got my Ipad being delivered to a re-shipper who will have it with me Wednesday next week.
Sorry not trying to gloat but Apple will supply their US market before us Brits and the rest of Europe get stock.

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think all will be revealed on sat when u get there apple will let me info go

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ive just read it now gonna be the 24th april so who the hell bloody knows!!!!!!!!!!!!

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was going to order the iPad from the US through Bundlebox but decided not to in the end. By the time I get it, it will probably be around the 16th to 18th of April, so I decided I would rather just wait till the 24th when it is released in the UK. It will also save me over £100, money I could use to buy couple of extra accessories for it.

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah true I thought was a bit pricey too
what's do you think first accesery will be
I've seen some nifty looking cases

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's unlikely that the iPad will be release April 10th, however it wouldn't surprise me to see pre-orders open up April 10th.

I've read a rumour that ipad will be out april 10th in uk
has any one else heard this

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's hope this is right so we have a date finally

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Regarding the accessories, for me, it has to be the iPad dock as first choice because it allows you to stand the iPad and use it, and charge when necessary. I am not going to go for the case that also acts as a stand because I found the leather case very uncomfortable when I used one for my iPod. I soon dispatched with it. I would think you really want to have a feel for the iPad when you have it in the hand.

Also, I might think about getting a wireless keyboard later if I find myself using the iPad a lot. I still think a keyboard is the best way to go if a lot of writing is involved, rather than the on screen touch keypad; however, if I use the iPad only for entertainment and browsing, I don't think I will need to buy the keyboard.

Last edited:
OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a dock an now you say it
they could be very handy for playing games and charging coz no doubt it will kill thr battery playing games like the iPhone

I know my battery won't last long i won't be able to put it down

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are now strong rumours that 24th is the most likely. I think pre-orders will become available sometime before that.

I am curious if Amazon will take pre-orders or do they need to be placed only through Apple UK site.

Most reactions

Latest posts