What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regrets going back to ipad 2

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a major issue with the screen on my new 64gb wifi iPad where I had major screen bleed .. Instead of changing it I got a refund and re ordered a refurb iPad 2 direct from apple which arrived yesterday ... I can't stand the iPad 2 screen which looks mega poor so I'm gonna send the iPad 2 back to apple and re order new iPad

I can't believe the difference , has anyone else done this ? I thought I couldn't see the difference on the new retina display but by god there is one hell of a difference

I'm so glad apple provide 14 day refund window .. I'm ringing them tomorrow to get them to pick up the iPad 2 and will try my luck at my local apple store for a new iPad

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has the old iPad 2 now and every time I look at it, I have no regrets about upgrading to the new iPad. I am constantly amazed at how many people say they can't see the difference or think its not that big of a deal, thank goodness my wife is one of them :)

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My husband can't tell the difference either. When my son is playing a game on the iPad1, it still amazes how big the difference is.

joeka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. I am an iPad 2 upgraded to ipad 3 user and my wife has her own iPad 2 currently.
I've never had any complaints or noticed any fuzziness in the 10 months I used iPad 2.
The other day I used my wife's iPad 2 to setup Bluetooth speaker, and I was stunned at how blurry the screen looked!
It's as if the iPad 3 has 'retrained' my eyes to a sharper image.
Text is crisp and movies show great color saturation and contrast details with inky blacks.
Its incredulous that some people see minimal difference between the screens.
The screen itself is reason enough to upgrade IMHO.

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't agree more thank god for apples 14 day return looks like back to new iPad !

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pulled my iPad 2 out a couple of days ago to prep it for sale and found myself reaching up to make sure I had my glasses on, it appeared so blurry to me. No way could I go back to it! My Kindle Fire is also on the chopping block for the same reason.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah, there's a huge difference. Of course it's noticeable. But my iPad 2 still works perfectly, so I'll wait for the next generation.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts