What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recovering deleted photos

Tcwinslow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On accident, we have deleted the last download of about 200 photos and have also deleted them off the camera card as well. My question is, there a way to recover them from a deleted or recycle bin on the iPad? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

gamal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On accident, we have deleted the last download of about 200 photos and have also deleted them off the camera card as well. My question is, there a way to recover them from a deleted or recycle bin on the iPad? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you had these pictures last time you synced with iTunes, they should be backed up and you could restore your iPad from that back up.

chandar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recover from SD card

If you do not have a backup the option is to use a recovery software.

If you are using Windows, Recuva is a free software and easy to use to recover files off the camera's memory card.

carl zanon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have connected my canon camera a11000is with the usb adaptor to my ipad. on ipad all the data (photos and films) were shown with the green chosen symbol. i wanted to undelete the chosen sign and activated the all deleted sign left top, where upon i lost all data on the memory card in the camera. at present i have only the ipad on hand (no3g).can i download a program to the ipad in order to recover the lost data?

Roxan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
horror story

i have connected my canon camera a11000is with the usb adaptor to my ipad. on ipad all the data (photos and films) were shown with the green chosen symbol. i wanted to undelete the chosen sign and activated the all deleted sign left top, where upon i lost all data on the memory card in the camera. at present i have only the ipad on hand (no3g).can i download a program to the ipad in order to recover the lost data?

I just had a similar horror story last evening. I am on holidays. I was making a huge selection of images from my camera 16Gb SD card, en had to go to the bathroom and when I came back and took the iPAD in my hands to resume I realized that my thumb was laying on the "delete all" and then "confirm" button leading to the complete lost of the pictures (that were not even yet imported!)

I am now really desperate. I will try to find a shop where I could by another SD card in other to try for a SD recovery tool from PC or Mac once back home (then of course I should n use it meanwhile). In the future I will make sure my SD card will be in read only mode when mnting it on the iPad!!!!

For sure, I can not take the pictures bak. It was the trip on my life, in Costa Rica.

I am very disappointedthat Apple let the delete/confirm buttons that easy and close of each other to "delete by accident" just whe taking an ipAD in hands. Even more frustrating form the IT guru that I am.

Last edited:

Roxan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stopped using the SD card right after the unexpected delete then went for an access to the PC of the hotel reception, borrowing a Maxwell USB CardReader from a canopynadventure team not far away. I downloaded Pandora Recovery (free) and after about an hour of computation (using the full scan of the so-vallée brosse mode) recovered my hundreds of deleted pics. I stored them back in the SD card (they can not be seen nor by the camera nor by the iPad due to the change of name but are back for sure). So glad I made it! only a "summary of the day" video was finally lost.

On the iPAD side, I notice a perfect behaviour when putting my old SD Extreme 1Gb in "lock" mode: the delete options is then disabled. But strangely enough if I do the same with a Sandisk 16Gb ultra, the iPad is telling me that it may be corrupted and refuse to access it.

Last edited:

BigMack205

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad app??

Nickso,

Can you please post the name of the photo recovery app that worked for you on the iPad? I'm currently in Haiti and don't have access to a new memory card or other devices that I have read about on other forums, so it would be great if you could recommend an app that works.

Thanks!

Roxan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is afaik no such application for the iPad (except maybe if you jailed break yours). The Pandora software I used was on PC. I had no such equipment with me in Costa rica but went to the reception of an hotel.

donnat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to recover trashed photos from the I Pad, prior to syncing with desktop?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to recover trashed photos from the I Pad, prior to syncing with desktop?
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

With respect to your question I know of only one app that claims to be able to recover lost photos on an iPad...

Recover iPhone, iPad or iPod photos from backups with Picturescue

According to the thread you can restore from backup as well. Generally speaking as soon as you connect your iPad to your computer it will begin backing up. If you want to restore from a backup you should immediately stop the new backup by clicking on the small, circled "X" at the right-hand side of the progress bar at the top of the iTunes screen. Here's everything you need to know about restoring from backup...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4079

If you still have the photos on an SD card from your camera there are a number of good applications that can recover photos. A quick Google search should do it.

BTW, I moved your post to an existing thread discussing this same question. Read through this thread for additional ideas.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:

mkoesling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a recovery tool for recovering photos lost on the iPad that disappeared while performing backups? Backup crashed midstream and there is no record of photos. After backup finished after I resumed OS5 was installed by iTunes (via PC). Have not used PC or iPad since then looking for a solution to recover photos from my recent vacation of 17 days.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a recovery tool for recovering photos lost on the iPad that disappeared while performing backups? Backup crashed midstream and there is no record of photos. After backup finished after I resumed OS5 was installed by iTunes (via PC). Have not used PC or iPad since then looking for a solution to recover photos from my recent vacation of 17 days.
A backup of all of your data was created prior to upgrading to iOS 5. If you haven't backed up your iPad since then you should be able to use the "Restore from backup" option to recover your photos.

1. Before connecting your iPad open iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Check/enable "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically".
2. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
3. Right-click or Control-click on your iPad (listed in the left-hand menu of iTunes).
4. Click on "Restore from backup"
5. In the pop-up ensure that you pick your iPad from the drop-down list (if you have more than one iDevice associated).

More here:

iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iOS software

Note, this is just for restoring data. Your iPad will still be on i0S 5 or 5.0.1.

Hope that helps!

mkoesling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich,
Thanks for the tips. I tried this step several times and when the backup thinks its finished, the iPad says all is restored, iTunes looks for a file to, I assume, put the data back on iPad and then comes back with an error window saying file is not found and stops the backup.

Most reactions

Latest posts