What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recover lost notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless you did a backup before the update I'm afraid there is no way to recover what you lost.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dem29910 said:
I just updated and lost all notes. Can they be recovered? If so, how?

Thank you!

Unlike a PC, there is no trash bin you can go to to check for recently deleted items.

Reaction score
Website
www.ifonebox.com
According to your issue, I guess you lost everything when you are updating to a newer iOS version. And I have tips below.
1. Make sure if you've backed up your data on iCloud before. You can login your iCloud account on the updated iPhone and check.
2. Check your computer and confirm if you've backed up your iPhone before the update.
If you have those update, congratulations, you didn't lose the notes at all. You can directly recover them from the backup.
If you haven't backed up those data, you can try to use some iOS data recovery tools to scan and check if you can get back the notes. And it's highly recommended that you scan as soon as possible since any further options and changes on the phone may rewrite the previous data. And if the data is rewrote, no one can get them back any more.
Here's a guide FYI.
How to recover lost contacts, notes, reminders, and more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions