What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendation for a good child-proof iPad case

Tricon7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a case for my iPad in case my small kids drop it onto something hard - but I can't afford the top of the line items. Is there a budget-conscious case that's reasonably shock-proof?

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a padded case for my iPad. Suggest going into a store (Best Buy, Staples, etc.) and personally looking at what they have. My iPad has been used by kids, but they were 8 and were careful with it. For smaller kids (3-4), I have sat with them while they were using it. Forgot to mention that I found mine (a Sakroots, black, with a flowery inside pattern) at Staples on a clearance rack for $7.50 instead of the regular price of $30. If you are near a Ross or Big Lots, bargains can be found there too.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same here. My son and his friends use my iPad and iPhone all the time for playing link-up games. I just have them trained so they don't wander around with them. Haven't had any mishaps yet, but just in case, the iPad is in a Logix case, and the iPhone is in an Otterbox.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What is budget (it does vary). I see several decent looking cases for younger kids on Amazon, for about $30. I kind of like the whimsical Speck iGuy case. Reminds me of Gumby from my own childhood.

Most reactions

Latest posts