What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closed Zipper iPad Carrying Case ?

VitaminC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering purchasing a iPad 3, very soon but before doing that, I want a case that I can zip up and close that is water proof, and has some cushion, and also is a should strap carrying case ? One of my relatives who watches the soap opera Y&R (Young and the Restless) informed me on the show they have a zipper iPad case, I can't find any information on it and I was hoping someone could help ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Take a look at some netbook cases. The smaller ones will do a fine job of toating you iPad arround in watter proof, cushoned comfort. You can even fit it in with the lighter (around the house) case still on.

I repurposed a nice netbook case for this.

When I notice the netbook (usually under a pile of junk) it seems to be sulking.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think you're going to have a hard time finding a zipper case that's waterproof because zippers will let in water. Maybe you're not actually looking for a waterproof case, though.

OP
V

VitaminC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any recommendations for Netbook cases that would fit the iPad3, nice and snug ? Anything that can act as a zipper case and a shoulder strap ?

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a case made by Case Logic that has what you want. It has a zippered compartment that holds my iPad even with my Bear Motion leather case on the iPad (tight fit, but very snug). The case has another zippered pocket for other small stuff like a stylus, earbuds, charger, etc., and has a shoulder strap. If I remember correctly, I got it at Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have no idea what brand mine is. It has a little red badge with a silver cross. It's not snug, so much as the foam padded pocket doesn't let the iPad slide around. I got it at Staples.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked and the case I have is the Caselogic VNA210 10-Inch Netbook/iPad Attache (Black). It is cheap and works great for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

spaghetti head

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try looking for a "STM Jacket for iPad". I found mine on Amazon, it was around $20.00. It is padded, water resistant, has a zipper, and has 2 external pockets, 1 with a zipper. It also has a shoulder strap and a handle. It easily fits my iPad 3 with a Smart Cover and a Snap Shield Case.[h=1]
[/h]

Most reactions