What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent iPad Customers to Get $100/£100 Refund

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad-plane2.JPG

Electricpig.co.uk reports today that anyone who only just bought an iPad and is a bit peeved that Apple has just a) released a brand new iPad 2 for the same price, and b) reduced the price of the old iPads by $100/£100 will be able to get the difference refunded by Apple, but only if you’re still within the 14-day returns period, and provided you have your original receipt, of course. According to Electricpig.co.uk, Apple’s sales team has promised them that the $100/£100 difference will be refunded without any quibble, provided you fulfil all the above criteria.

As Electricpig.co.uk notes, although some people will probably still complain about this and say that the 14-day period of grace should be extended, the question is, how long should, or could, Apple extend the cut-off period for refunds before it gets ridiculous? Many other companies would just say “tough luckâ€, and Apple doesn’t really have any legal obligation to refund the money I wouldn’t have thought, it’s just good customer relations really.

Source: iPad price drop: Apple will refund the difference | Electricpig

bobmielke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
I received my iPad on 02/24/11 so I just emailed B&H Camera, who is already selling the original iPad for $399. I simply asked if they intended to adjust the amount I paid for mine just a week earlier. I'm awaiting their response.

I simply love my iPad. It's kind of ironic because I spent a lot of time putting down the device since it's release, claiming it wasn't a computer and was overpriced for what it offered. I was wrong. It's so versatile, light and has such a long battery life that I carry it everywhere. It has become my personal assistant, providing information, my library, my music collection &my photo collection.

nickora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.orantec.co.uk
this isnt as nice as it has been portrayed, if you fell into that 14 day money back garauntee category wouldnt you take your ipad back for a full refund and then hand over the exact same cash and walk out with the ipad 2 instead?

ragdollmomof2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a refurbished 32gb ipad on Feb. 12. I was already pleased with my deal, but it got even better yesterday when I got another 70.00 back from Apple! I'm happy!

bobmielke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
this isnt as nice as it has been portrayed, if you fell into that 14 day money back garauntee category wouldnt you take your ipad back for a full refund and then hand over the exact same cash and walk out with the ipad 2 instead?

Not me. I was aware the new iPad 2 was due soon so I figure a deal is a deal. I do appreciate the rebate however.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You could if you wanted to but would still have to possibly wait in the launch line...For me the refund was what I wanted and I gambled hoping I would fall in the grace period...Damn, I should buy a Lotto ticket, cause luck never falls my way... :D

sanjithks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad availability

Will iPad 2 be available in Singapore? In Hong Kong, it is available online.. Just ordered from a website there, hongkongdesis.com

jimb78645

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Qualify for the Rebate but Verizon not playing

Well, I just bought my first I-phone and switched from Blackberry (Verizon customer) after many years. It really is the best - loved it so much that on Feb 18th I bought an Ipad. Damn if they didn't drop in price within 2 weeks of my purchase!

Oh wait - that's okay because Apple is going to give me a $100 rebate because of my timing....WRONG....not if you bought it at Verizon! They are not playing and don't know anything about a $100 rebate. :mad:

Nevgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole issue with the iPad 2 launch sucks and is opportunistic. I only bought my iPad in January 2011 at the highly inflated Irish prices( don't tell me there is a one for one xchange rate dollar to euro).
Had I have known the iPad 2 with cameras was on it's way I would have held off the purchase.
Apple should give an upgrade path at a low extra amount.
Steve Jobs has shown himself to be just another mercenary profiteer who does give a sxxt about his customers

Irate customer ( probably one of many)

nickora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.orantec.co.uk
yeah I have to agree, I think I know a few people that with a bit of incentive would trade in their ipad for the ipad 2 if an incentive was given but most people just havent had them long enough to warrant an upgrade for me.

Also rumours of ipad 3 coming out as soon as this year as well? why even bother with ipad 2 if thats the case!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"I only bought my iPad in January 2011... Had I have known the iPad 2 with cameras was on it's way I would have held off the purchase."

The iPad has been around since last April, but from your own admission, it took you ten months to get around to buying one - so how is it Apple's fault? Apple have a pretty consistent pattern of releasing successive generations of their hardware at one-year intervals, so anyone buying in early 2011 should not be surprised that their iPad would be quickly superceded within a few months.

No matter when Apple releases a new version of the product, someone out there will inevitably have missed it by days and blame everyone (except themselves) for it. And yes, like any other commercial company with shareholders, one of their objectives is to maximize profit and dividends. It'd be a pretty lousy way of running a company otherwise.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will iPad 2 be available in Singapore? In Hong Kong, it is available online.. Just ordered from a website there, hongkongdesis.com

Glanced at the prices, and it's quite a ripoff (and I believe in violation of Apple's selling embargo to be taking orders and money now.)

Most reactions

Latest posts