What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent antiglare recommendations - using ipad3 outside & screen protection

aztrailblazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent 2012 experience with using ipad2/3 or iphone4s outside with a good screen protector? I am looking for one that is:
1. Real screen protection
2. For use outside reading books, surfing the web
3. Does not show finger marks
4. Is user friendly to install
5. I've read old posts, loooking for 2012 experience

I read about NuShield, Powersupport, and others - which is the best? Help?

Penali18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out MediaDevil's matte anti-glare cover for iPad 2/3 (sorry - can't post link to website as this is my first post on iPad Forum). This company produces exceedingly high quality screen protectors for many kinds of mobile devices and has good customer service with video demos etc on applying their protectors.
I'm currently using this on my new iPad but having just put their crystal clear version on my iPhone 4, I am thinking I might swap it to that type instead as I will be using my iPad for reviewing photos in fine detail as part of my photography workflow.
The matte anti-glare version certainly fulfil your requirements though and you'd be very happy with it.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moshi iVisor will probably meet all your needs. I JUST put one on this morning and took it off a few hours later. Super easy to install (read the reviews). I didn't like how it took away from the beauty of the Retina display. Non-glare screen savers will do that to a "shiny" screen every time.

Superb screen saver nonetheless. I got one for the iPad 2, but it fits the iPad 3 perfectly.

ricksipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting on a delivery of the media devil matte anti glare for my ipad2. I'll post my comments as soon as I get it installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@aztrailblazer

I'd highly recommend ArmorSuit from Amazon. I've been using this for a good period of time now and it's tough solid protection. If you're worried about finger prints or marks there's almost none on mine. If there are any, I just wipe it off with the cloth they provided. It's my favorite protector actually. Hope your device is protected! Keep us updated on your selection as i'm always up to comparisons!

Ms Deb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also using the Moshi iVisor (the iPad 2 size). While I loved it on my iPad 1, I find it does take away form the iPad 3's retina display. I am keeping it on until my Vaja case arrives, then I am going to do without. I will just have to be careful.

ricksipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the media devil. Like it so far. Not too difficult to put on. Of course, not as clear as a naked screen. But it looks good. And I hate those rubbery feeling clear Zaggs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

numericmischief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent 2012 experience with using ipad2/3 or iphone4s outside with a good screen protector? I am looking for one that is:
1. Real screen protection
2. For use outside reading books, surfing the web
3. Does not show finger marks
4. Is user friendly to install
5. I've read old posts, loooking for 2012 experience

I read about NuShield, Powersupport, and others - which is the best? Help?

Nushield - I've used it on my OG Ipad and Ipad 3/HD. It dosen't mess with the resolution or blur out the screen, but it won't kill all of the glare by any means, just makes it reasonable. It saved my OG Ipad from a number of scratches. It does show finger marks more significantly than the ipad w/o screen protector - but easy to clean off. Interestingly it cleans better with water than with rubbing alcohol (which I use to clean the glass).

Not anywhere as user friendly to install as the visor, but the film is repositionable. If you use latex gloves and install it in a reasonably clean environment (I have access to a cleanroom at work) its pretty user friendly to install. Clean your ipad with high % isopropanol (90% is best for fast evaporation) and lint free cloth (coffee filters will do). If you mess it up it is repositionable. The ease of installation depends upon how picky you are with alignment, no bubbles or dirt, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts