What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real Racing vs Need for speed

GadexD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Im trying to find out which of these apps i should purchase, maybe you guys could help me in the right direction? :D

Ty

Baracus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a read of my blog post on this very subject!! :)

Real Racing HD vs Need for Speed Shift hatenintendo blog

It depends what you want but GT Racing: Motor Academy has also just released so worth you looking at that too. I think GTR will be my most played racer on the iPad now.

Like I say it depends what you want:-

RR = hardest to be super fast on. I think it runs TOO fast. You can go through the bends way too fast even with the hot hatches class, so it's a bit crazy. Online leagues but not racing onscreen together.

NFS = more linear career progression. Car upgrades like Nitro, so it's more arcadey. Only single player. More accurate car speeds IMO.

GTR = Loads of content, more like Gran Turismo in it's setup i.e. different events you can do in a less strict order. Car upgrades/tuning as well. Great selection of real cars that drive different to each other (the Caterham is crazy hard to control!). Nicer framerate then NFS (but not as fast as RR!). Good customisable control schemes. Proper online racing for 6 cars I think.

Overall it's my favourite but they are all good really. Get em all!!! :D

I will do a blog review on GTR soon... hope the other one helps? :)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NFS = more linear career progression. Car upgrades like Nitro, so it's more arcadey. Only single player. More accurate car speeds IMO.

You can do multiplayer with NFS, though I haven't used it yet. If it's a factor, Need For Speed is currently on sale from EA.

Baracus

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can do multiplayer with NFS, though I haven't used it yet. If it's a factor, Need For Speed is currently on sale from EA.

Ah yes sorry, I should have been more specific... I meant 'online' multiplayer. NFS is only local if you have another iPad wielding buddy in the same room!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just wish there was a good cross-country rally racer game. I have one on my PC with different courses in different parts of the world and in different terrain and different climates/weather. Lot of fun.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts