What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading lamp app

Tim56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know if there's such an app for Reading or texting in the dark? when you cannot turn on the lamp or light. To help you read the text your texting or Reading a book. Thank you

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know if there's such an app for Reading or texting in the dark? when you cannot turn on the lamp or light. To help you read the text your texting or Reading a book. Thank you

Hello Tim - welcome to the forum! :) Not sure exactly what you want to do since the iPad can be 'read' already w/ the lamps off, but is quite bright! You might want to go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Invert Colors - kind of a weird look w/ colors, BUT on a black & white screen, such as the Kindle app, the background turns black and the letters white - might give it a try in a closet - let us know if that's what you're after? Dave

OP
T

Tim56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Tim - welcome to the forum! :) Not sure exactly what you want to do since the iPad can be 'read' already w/ the lamps off, but is quite bright! You might want to go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Invert Colors - kind of a weird look w/ colors, BUT on a black & white screen, such as the Kindle app, the background turns black and the letters white - might give it a try in a closet - let us know if that's what you're after? Dave[/
Hi Dave
sorry I did not know that I will give it a try. Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what the night reading mode in the Kindle app looks like. image-2893336202.jpg.

image-3258411871.jpg

Night mode in iBooks looks almost identical.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both the iBooks and Kindle app have a night reading mode, which looks better than Accessibility's invert mode.

Thanks TP & Scifan for the additional options for 'night reading mode' - just to expand on my suggestion, Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut - by selecting 'Invert Colors', a triple click on the 'Home Button' will invert the blacks & whites w/i the reading apps; so many choices. Also in iBooks, PDF files cannot be set to night reading w/i the app (as far as I can determine) but the 'triple tap' will work - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .Also in iBooks, PDF files cannot be set to night reading w/i the app (as far as I can determine) but the 'triple tap' will work - Dave :)[/COLOR]

Good point.

Invert Colors is the only option for texting as well; though the colors will be far more interesting. They get a seasonally appropriate color shift, and negative print pictures. ;)

Most reactions