What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any good apps for reading books

jim1174

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a none audible text book I got from amazon on my ipad. Are there any good apps that can read this to me?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iBooks is free from the App Store. That will read epub and pdf

My mistake. The Mac version will read it to you. The iPad version will not. Apologies.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Overdrive will read audio but may not work except through library web site as it is written for borrowing books but you could see if it would open it

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon has a free app at the AppStore. With the textbook coming from Amazon, it should read the book just fine. Load the app, register it with your account at Amazon and download the textbook.

Marilyn

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iBooks is free from the App Store. That will read epub and pdf

My mistake. The Mac version will read it to you. The iPad version will not. Apologies.

Yes you can. I searched for a site that can give me epubs, of course you can't download a file from the internet in an iPad, but it directs me to a screen where I can open iBooks and I can find the file there.

I

Most reactions

Latest posts