What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading App

AkainePSP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that will read to my son. He is 16 and has cerebral palsy and is developmentally delayed. He has trouble reading so I am looking for something that will read to him. I don't want audio books. He is using an ipad for school and it would be great to have something that could read say text books to him.

Thanks
Kelly

MaggieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsforipads.net
According to Apple:

"Built-in accessibility.
iPad comes with a screen reader, support for playback of closed-captioned content, and other innovative universal access features — right out of the box. There’s no additional software to buy or install. These features make iPad easier to use for people who have a vision impairment, are deaf or hard of hearing, or have a physical or learning disability."

I understand this function works in conjunction with iBooks,so if you can transfer the book into iBooks it should read the text to your son.

Please let me know if this works!
Good Luck!

OP
A

AkainePSP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you referring to the voice over feature? I tried that and it is absolutely horrible. It's not user friendly at all and once turned on it is so difficult to get into anything it's just not worthe hassle. Thanks though.....

Most reactions

Latest posts