What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

re spring loop after Cydia updates on ipad 2 64GB 3G wifi here

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated whatever was to be updated in Cydia and found myself in a endless respring loop, forced shut down with the power and slep button on top right, restarted with the apple logo but ended up again with the spinging dash circle over the black respring sreen, has anyone else encountered this or know a solution, i just backed up yesterday so its not big loss if i have to restore but can i with out having to erase everything and re install absynth 5.1.1 again?

any advise appreciated, cheers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you remember what it was in Cydia you updated? Cause the odds are high that one of those tweaks is what is causing you the issue. Go back to Cydia, uninstall those tweaks and then reinstall them one-by-one until you find the culprit. that's the best way - mainly cause if you restore/re-jailbreak, you'd have to know which tweak it was anyway (since you don't want to reinstall it).

To get out of the loop, you'll need to get the iPad into Safe Mode. To do, reset your iPad (hold Home and sleep buttons until white Apple logo shows). Once you get the logo, hold the volume UP button until you see the springboard. Don't worry if everything seems out of place - that's Safe Mode for you. The thing is, Safe Mode will "calm" your iPad down enough that you can get to Cydia to uninstall the tweak (or tweaks) that were updated.

Good luck and holler back if you need more assistance.

Marilyn

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you remember what it was in Cydia you updated? Cause the odds are high that one of those tweaks is what is causing you the issue. Go back to Cydia, uninstall those tweaks and then reinstall them one-by-one until you find the culprit. that's the best way - mainly cause if you restore/re-jailbreak, you'd have to know which tweak it was anyway (since you don't want to reinstall it).

Marilyn
thanks for the fast support!

I got news and edited my post, i have another ipad here and forgot we sync the Cydia apps with my account, so i checked to see what it was that caused this and found all three updates,
Folder Enhancer,
PkgBackup
IconSupport by Big Boss, i think its this one but i cant see how i could remove it, please do let me know anything

Thanks

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I know what your problem is/was - its FolderIcons combined with FolderEnhancer. Even if FolderIcons didn't have the update...

Did you have folders inside folders (thanks to FolderEnhancer)? And, did you theme those inner folders with FolderIcons? What I found out is that you can't do that. My iPhone went into a Safe Mode loop when I tried to do that. It would auto respring if I tried to change an inner folder icon (in Settings), then it would be in that loop. Or, it would respring if I tried to access a FoldIcon themed folder within another folder. So I uninstalled all the folder tweaks (FolderIcons and Folder Enhancer) and all was good. But, I wanted those tweaks!

Then, in my Google searching to find out what was up, I discovered that other people were having issues when those two apps were installed.

Bottom line: you can run both tweaks, but don't use FolderIcon to theme any of the folders you have inside folders. The only ones you can theme are the ones that are visible on the Springboard.

I felt confident enough in my research that I put FolderIcons on my iPad - and it's working fine. Again, and however, I only themed the outmost folders.

I think you will find that everything will be fine if you do as I did - only theme the outer folders with FolderIcons. Oh, and don't uninstall IconSupport. You need that tweak and I honestly think its not it.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well thans for the help, i think its exacty whats going on but i already tried to restore from a older back up since my latests gets an error claiming its not compatible with this ipad any more, worse off CYDIA disapeared now and im about to try and restore from the recent back up., do what you suggested including re install icon support,

BTW i can see all the JB apps, firewall etc, yet no cydia, very strange

Last edited:
OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok i had to remove the latest Folder Enhancer, HEADS UP anyone updating, i have no solid idea to why it re springs, i started all over from scratch, re jailbreaking and all to back track the problem and as soon as i got to folder enhancer i was seen the sorry box asking to re spring, at least this time it did not just RE SPRING, yes its an icon thing etc

i realy like FOLDER ENHANCER so i wrote to the developer whom i found on youtube arguing with a kid who asked him for help with FolderEnhancer but he pirated it, very funny scene lol

hope it works out

so im sort of building of the ipad 1 back up now after re JB and all from erasing, restoring etc

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts