What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RDP for iPad

Reaction score
Just got my ipad and will use it for business by connecting to my PC + Windows. Currently using Logmein which is not too bad but a little jumpy and does not use all of the ipad features. Any recommendations for other remote desktop programs? Are there any ipad apps that will make a connection to Windows Explorer?

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my ipad and will use it for business by connecting to my PC + Windows. Currently using Logmein which is not too bad but a little jumpy and does not use all of the ipad features. Any recommendations for other remote desktop programs? Are there any ipad apps that will make a connection to Windows Explorer?

I believe you already have the best one right there.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most people say they are all comparable and not just because all these apps are so expensive, nobody wants to buy more than one to compare :D

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop FTW. The BEST remote app I have ever used. And, it's only 1.99. There's a free version out too. Works just like the pro version but only for 5 minutes at a time.

jumpdesktop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump Desktop

You might also want to check out Jump Desktop. It's a native RDP and VNC client for the iPad/ iPhone. You can set it up using an IP address or you can also use just your Gmail address for automatic setup so that you can easily connect to your PC even when you're away from home (no port forwarding or networking knowledge necessary if you use this).

Disclaimer: I work for Jump Desktop. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

tenblade2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might also want to check out Jump Desktop. It's a native RDP and VNC client for the iPad/ iPhone. You can set it up using an IP address or you can also use just your Gmail address for automatic setup so that you can easily connect to your PC even when you're away from home (no port forwarding or networking knowledge necessary if you use this).

Disclaimer: I work for Jump Desktop. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

i have two computers that I want remote access to: one mac and one PC. Do I have to purchase two copies of the program?

I'm really not too computer savvy and splashtop sounds great, great price but sounds like its hard to install.

Last edited:

jumpdesktop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You only need to purchase the app once and you can use it to control as many computers as you want.

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And do not forget:
Jump Desktop is a native RDP client (which has to be installed _only_ on your Ipad, and will use the normal RDP protocoll of Windows!)

Splashtop is a single server/client application (which needs to be installed on the PC you would like to connect, and on the Ipad)

(That was my problem, I didn't read carefully the discription of Splashdot, now I need to buy a RDP client, which support Windows Server 2003, but they are really expensive for now. I have some on "my wish list", like Jump Desktop and iTap RDP)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And do not forget:
Jump Desktop is a native RDP client (which has to be installed _only_ on your Ipad, and will use the normal RDP protocoll of Windows!)

Splashtop is a single server/client application (which needs to be installed on the PC you would like to connect, and on the Ipad)

(That was my problem, I didn't read carefully the discription of Splashdot, now I need to buy a RDP client, which support Windows Server 2003, but they are really expensive for now. I have some on "my wish list", like Jump Desktop and iTap RDP)

Also remember splashtop also provides faster than rdp/vnc speeds for both windows and mac and plays back audio and video.

thebluemax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi iPadBiz, nice to see you use iTap, I bought it for my iPad but blowed if I can configure it to connect to my PC, I run windows 7 Ultimate........any thoughts or a walkthrough of the configuration would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Ripad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Pocket Cloud for my RDP needs and it works great. It will also do VNC and VMware.
For Windows Explorer type connection to a file server, I found File Browser to work good. It retains the Windows credentials for folders.

Most reactions

Latest posts