What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAW file format on iPad 2

Giom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! New user here and first time poster.

I would like to know if the iPad to would be able to process camera RAW files - imported directly from the camera or sd card? If not, are there apps that would enable this function?

Thanks,
Giom

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! New user here and first time poster.

I would like to know if the iPad to would be able to process camera RAW files - imported directly from the camera or sd card? If not, are there apps that would enable this function?

Thanks,
Giom

I use Filterstorm. It's a very nice and powerful app for processing, importing and converting RAW files. You can use the iPad camera connection kit to transfer the files to your iPad, or if you don't have one, you can just use Dropbox.

Jever1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not think that ipad 2 has enough processing power, to genuine RAW editing.
I have tested it with multiple app's, and it goes slowly.
It can, in my view, be used only as an emergency solution.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not think that ipad 2 has enough processing power, to genuine RAW editing.
I have tested it with multiple app's, and it goes slowly.
It can, in my view, be used only as an emergency solution.

Really? I have not noticed any slowdowns or lags using Filterstorm. It works smoothly for me.

Jever1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rogatsby said:
Really? I have not noticed any slowdowns or lags using Filterstorm. It works smoothly for me.

Are you sure it is the RAW that's being processed, and not only the embedded JPEG?

I have tried the PiRAWna App, and that's true RAW editing, it's slow and buggy.

Other App's i've tried is Snapseed, Photogene, Adobe Express and Photoforge2, they read the RAW's, but I suspect the process the JPEG and not the true RAW file.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure it is the RAW that's being processed, and not only the embedded JPEG?

I have tried the PiRAWna App, and that's true RAW editing, it's slow and buggy.

Other App's i've tried is Snapseed, Photogene, Adobe Express and Photoforge2, they read the RAW's, but I suspect the process the JPEG and not the true RAW file.

Yes, it is the RAW file. You should go out and read some of the reviews of Filterstorm. It's not a perfect app, but it is not slow and leggy. Works great for me.

Jever1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rogatsby said:
Yes, it is the RAW file. You should go out and read some of the reviews of Filterstorm. It's not a perfect app, but it is not slow and leggy. Works great for me.

Maybe i'll give it a try.
What version Are you using, Pro or normal.?

Most reactions