What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QuickOffice and DropBox

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with QuickOffice saving files that are in DropBox.

I can open the files, make changes, save the file and close it. I can see the changes on the PC, but not if I open through QuickOffice. It is like the iPad is loading a "cached" version, not the most up-to-date version.

If I go to DropBox, the updated files are there and I can open it in QuickOffice.

Anyone else seeing this?

Ba6636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Play around with the way you save files in QuickOffice. I had the same issue, until i learned to save them correctly.

galileo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can upload WORD 2010 files to LockBox from my PC. Using QuickOffice I can download the files from DropBox on my iPAD and edit them. But I cannot save the edited file back to DropBox. I get an error message that just says "The file cannot be saved" with no other explanation. I submitted this issue to QuickOffice support and got a reply saying they were sending it on to the "development team." It has been several weeks and the only status I can get is the dev team is working on it.

Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can upload WORD 2010 files to LockBox from my PC. Using QuickOffice I can download the files from DropBox on my iPAD and edit them. But I cannot save the edited file back to DropBox. I get an error message that just says "The file cannot be saved" with no other explanation. I submitted this issue to QuickOffice support and got a reply saying they were sending it on to the "development team." It has been several weeks and the only status I can get is the dev team is working on it.

Any ideas?

What's happening is that you are trying to save to Dropbox while it has the "old" file open in it's display view. It rejects this (for reasons that are w-a-y beyond my coding understanding...).

I've found that what I need to do is (1) open the file from Drobox, (2) go back to Dropbox and open a different file (so the one you're working on is not being displayed in Dropbox's quick view), then (3) go back to the app/file you want to work on.

Then, after you're finished, it will save back to Dropbox without the error code. Yes, it's a pain in the ... knee ... but, it's the only workaround I've discovered.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts