What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions from a soon to be ipad owner

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting an ipad for Christmas and I have a couple of questions. Will it come with the new update already on it? If it doesn't and I plug it into the computer will it do an update first or will it try to sync itunes? I have already put a lot of epub books, music and music videos in itunes in preparation for the ipad and I am worried that the update will wipe everything out of itunes. I do have everything stored on my computer but I added a lot of metadata and cover art to the 800 books in itunes that i don't want to lose.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accept the update. It will allow multitasking and several other new features.
This is one of the best updates I've seen on several devices I have owned, a few people have some issues with them, some don't fully understand the upgrade others have some legitimate issues but the vast majority thinks this is a real good upgrade. Don't be discouraged by threads that say the update is bad. Read the threads and you will see that the responses to these threads are all on the positive side.

Any upgrade on any device is going to have some people dissatisfied. This is one you should not pass up on.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Should also add the Apple has the next iOS update pencilled in for mid/late December.

OP
A

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the information does anyone know what would be in the new update in Dec?

Most reactions