What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with pictures and itunes

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new here and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new ipad (it is a christmas gift) I have itunes installed on my computer (pc using windows 7) and am having trouble adding any photos to it. I apologize if this is a really stupid question or if it has already been clearly answered and I missed it but how do you add pictures to the itunes? I have added books (via calibre) and music to itunes with no problem but I just can't seem to add any pictures at all. Someone told me I may need to have the ipad connected before I could move a photo to itunes, is this true? I would like to have everything set up in itunes so when I do sync the ipad to it everything I want will be moved to the ipad.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there are a load of options that will only appear when your iPad is connected to iTunes, another being the apps.

Good luck with the iPad. I'm no Apple fanboy but it really is the best gadget ever.

Hal

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can add photos to itunes after you connect your ipad/idevice to itunes,else there are no obvious reason as what itunes will do with your photos,as itunes is only a music/movie player without any idevice to manage.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one case where you don't add things into iTunes, but rather you tell iTunes where your pictures are kept on your computer. When you get your iPad and hook it up to your computer and start iTunes, you will see a series of tabs across the top. Pick the one that says Photos and from there, you can tell it where to find the folders with your pictures. Then when you sync your iPad with iTunes, it will transfer all the pictures you have selected.

itunes11.jpg

sortshots

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of photos

I think you received your answer. The alternative is to use folders with apps that allow you to drag and drop images and then sync with your iPad.

If you have a lot of photos you will encounter the inevitable problem of trying to find your images.

Check out Sort Shots - iPad Edition.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My workaround (not using iTunes itself) is to use GoodReader to copy photos into the app, then save it into the iPad's photo album from the app.

Once you have the app installed, in iTunes under the Apps tab, you will see a list of apps which you can transfer into or delete files from the iPad. Select "GoodReader", click on "Add" and select the photos you want to copy. The photos will be copied to your iPad instantly without having to sync. Then, on the iPad itself, start up GoodReader, select the photo and save it to the album (and then you can safely delete it from GoodReader.)

Most reactions

Latest posts