What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer books from iPad to PC?

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 100+ books on my iPad. I had a hard drive crash on my PC, so I obviously had to re-install iTunes on the new drive. The books are from many sources, with only a few from the iTunes store. I was able to transfer apps and music but books have turned out to be a problem. Only the iTunes Store books show in iTunes itself. Is there a freeware/shareware program that will allow me transfer my books from the iPad to either/both my PC and iTunes? This brings up a second question. If I try to update the iPad to the new iOS 4.3.4 it wants to sync first. If I allow it to sync then I lose all those books. Is it possible to update iOS without syncing? Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can email PDF books from the iBooks app.

Otherwise, there are programs that will do this. I have no experience with these programs myself, but other forum members have successfully used them. Unfortunately I'm not having any luck finding those past threads. Here is the only one that popped up in my search, despite my knowing for a fact that there was one just a few days ago.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/38720-cant-backup-my-mannually-added-epub-books.html

Anyway, I'll give you the same advice I did to that person. Search Google for iPad file transfer programs. Wish I could remember what that person said they used.

clement

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to transfer books from iPad to PC

Hello,
Many iPad users want to transfer files from iPad back to PC when their hard drive crash on their PC. But Apple stops them from transferring iPad files to PC, the books is no exception.

There are many programs that can get over the array of problems of how to transfer files from iPad to computer. In order to transfer books from iPad to PC, here I recommend you a third party program.

The program is named iBook Transfer, which is a professional shareware program. It can allow users to transfer iBooks back to computer as long as the iBooks on the Apple iPad or iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts