What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on JB ipad 2 5.0.1

imik12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a software upgrade from Verizon and it has caused a couple of apps from working correctly. If I do a reset from the settings - General section, will I lose my JB?

I have tried turning the unit off completely and turning back on, but it does not correct the problem. Verizon wants me to do a reset.

Mike

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, if you reset you will lose your jailbreak. There is no way to avoid that if you must reset, but without knowing the specifics of your problem (the details you gave are not enough) it is impossible to say whether you must reset or not.

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is only partially related, but I have a jb ipad2 on 5.0.1 and the Verizon FIOS media manager app since I'm a vzw customer. Interestingly when I launch it it says that it won't allow me to view flex view items as I am jail broken. Very interesting and it may be part of the issue...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hufn said:
I know this is only partially related, but I have a jb ipad2 on 5.0.1 and the Verizon FIOS media manager app since I'm a vzw customer. Interestingly when I launch it it says that it won't allow me to view flex view items as I am jail broken. Very interesting and it may be part of the issue...

It is not uncommon for some apps to include jailbreak detection and refuse to serve content. Whether this is misguided or not is subject to debate, however the content owners often believe that streaming media content to a jailbroken device is a risk to their content being used in ways they did not intend or are not licensed to support.
In such cases you may find tweaks in Cydia which bypass the jailbreak detection routines in the software. xCon is a popular one for most media streaming apps...

OP
I

imik12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The specific problem I am Suddenly having is apps shutdown when I open them, but my biggest issue is that it has stopped counting the data usage. I track this for work.

Would it be best to do a reset and then reinstall the Jailbreak?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The specific problem I am Suddenly having is apps shutdown when I open them, but my biggest issue is that it has stopped counting the data usage. I track this for work.

Would it be best to do a reset and then reinstall the Jailbreak?

You won't be able to rejailbreak since Apple has stopped signing iOS 5.0.1 (9A405)

Most reactions

Latest posts