What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about posting

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the app for the forum, but was unable to start a new thread or post a response. However I can do this via the website. What am I doing wrong?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the "action" button (square box with an arrow coming out of it)? That should allow you to reply from within a thread. To start a thread, you need to be in a particular section (not just "current"), then use the same button. If that's what you're doing, then, can you describe the problem a little more?

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jeeper, You Rock! I think you solved my problem...will find out now. Lol

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I learned from Jeeper! Go up to the upper right corner. There is a little box with an arrow. Click on that and post away!

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok...sorry...I "lied". The box only works to reply. I am pretty ignorant here so I hopefully the knowledgeable people here can help you out.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a specific problem, then you can either post a question or use the Search button near the top of the Forum web page.

If you want to post a problem, you’ll probably want to either append your question to an existing thread if your problem is related to the topic being discussed in that thread, or start a new discussion (thread). To do that, you need to navigate back to the ‘iPad Forum’ page (button near the top of the Forum web page), then choose a discussion area that you think most suits the problem you want to discuss - say ‘iPad DiY’, click to enter that area and then you’ll see a button ‘Start New Thread’. You can click on that and enter a title for your thread and the usual text box where you can type the details of your problem.

It makes sense to use a thread title that’s as descriptive as possible. So I wouldn’t call a thread ‘I have a problem’ because no one scanning through the thread will know what the problem is or whether they can help and, since there are so many posts made each day, no one has time to read them all.

So, instead, make the title of the thread as specific as possible - ‘iPad screen goes blank every 5 seconds’, for example would be better (though not as good as it could be, I have to admit) and then give as much detail of the problem as you can.

But don’t be afraid to post - all the Forum members are really nice and the Moderators keep them under control and make sure they’re well behaved and polite - well, most of the time!!

But just enjoy your iPad. Like any new product, they'll be 'issues' that will arise - first piece of advice, don't panic and don't do anything rash. I've read of people who have restored their iPads - generally a last resort - when the problem was far far simpler.
Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To post a new thread, you have to chose the Forum icon at the bottom and navigate to the forum you want to post in (viewing the list of threads for that forum). At that point the box&arrow icon will have a Post New Thread option.

fvlmasl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found it.......should have done some more investigation.....

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts