What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help- e-mail issue, sent messages showing wrong "sent from/ reply to" address

Georgiablue42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am sure that I am posting this in the wrong forum, but am new to the forum, pressed for time and didn't see a string regarding this or exactly where to post this question

I use web mail (smartermail) for work and G-mail for personal. For the last week and a half, when I send an e-mail from my work account on my Ipad, the sender is seeing that it is being sent from my personal account and all responses go to that account. I had not made ANY changes to my mail setting before this occurred, however I do believe it was after my last update, but not immediately.
My work around was to turn off my G-mail and keep it off and it worked, but I would like to know why this is happening and resolve it.
Has this happened to any one else?
Thanks a heap!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would check to see what the default account is under Settings -> Mail, Contacts and Calendars. Something may have changed there.

OP
G

Georgiablue42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did try that and even went so far as to remove my gmail. Now only my smartermail shows and it STILL is sending from gmail... I can't remove my gmail entirely because I back my notes up to it and can't afford to loose them.

Checked the incoming and outgoing server. Don't use the cloud, Anything else I can try?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Georgiablue42 said:
I did try that and even went so far as to remove my gmail. Now only my smartermail shows and it STILL is sending from gmail... I can't remove my gmail entirely because I back my notes up to it and can't afford to loose them.

Checked the incoming and outgoing server. Don't use the cloud, Anything else I can try?

The default behavior is that it will send from the account you are in, but if you are in a unified inbox or the main page of the email app, it will go with the preset default in settings.

You are talking about the stock email app aren't you?

OP
G

Georgiablue42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes it is the default e-mail and I removed the g-mail entirely from my e- mail. It still shows from g-mail.

is there a reply to setting that I am missing?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Georgiablue42 said:
yes it is the default e-mail and I removed the g-mail entirely from my e- mail. It still shows from g-mail.

is there a reply to setting that I am missing?

Just double check that gmail has disappeared as an option for the default.

Attachments

• image-555517394.jpg
    image-555517394.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 492
OP
G

Georgiablue42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like this?

Attachments

• image-3273848982.jpg
    image-3273848982.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 350
OP
G

Georgiablue42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so any other ideas?

can save the e-mails some where to archive them? they are deleted from the server when downloaded.

OP
G

Georgiablue42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Georgiablue42 said:
so any other ideas?

can I save the e-mails some where to archive them? they are deleted from the server when downloaded.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Georgiablue42 said:
so any other ideas?

can save the e-mails some where to archive them? they are deleted from the server when downloaded.

Do you mean save emails as individual files, or just move to another folder? The latter, yes. The former, not likely.

Personally, I would not rely on an iPad for permanent storage of anything sensitive or important. That is what a server is for.

Most reactions