What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Post

lrbeatty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for over a year and love it. However, I have had a problems now for a couple of months that I can seem to fix. I can download new apps to my iPad just fine. However, when I try to update my apps (I now have 88 of them calling for updates) it seems to start out fine and asks me for my iTunes password (the same one I use when I download new apps) and then I get an error message"Unable to connect to the iTunes Store!"

I have already tried lots of different things that I have read in my internet search to solve the problem, including the thing I was trying to avoid (reformatting the iPad and starting from scratch and redownloading everything from my computer). I am back in the same situation. Can anyone help?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of questions...

Have you ever had another iTunes account that you used to purchase/download some of these apps?

Can you update any one of those 88 apps individually - i.e. rather than selecting the 'update all' option?

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lrbeatty said:
I have had my iPad for over a year and love it. However, I have had a problems now for a couple of months that I can seem to fix. I can download new apps to my iPad just fine. However, when I try to update my apps (I now have 88 of them calling for updates) it seems to start out fine and asks me for my iTunes password (the same one I use when I download new apps) and then I get an error message"Unable to connect to the iTunes Store!"

I have already tried lots of different things that I have read in my internet search to solve the problem, including the thing I was trying to avoid (reformatting the iPad and starting from scratch and redownloading everything from my computer). I am back in the same situation. Can anyone help?

If Tim" s suggestions don't work, it could be that since you have had your iTunes account for a while, the debit / credit card you use for downloads may have been re-issued due to being out of date. I had this a while back with a friends iPad. You would need to update your card details in iTunes. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, do you regularly (or even irregularly) sync with iTunes on your desktop?
If you do a sync now, you can then update ALL the apps on the PC, then re-sync and all the apps will be updated.
To update the apps on your PC, click on the "Apps" section in the left hand pane on iTunes. There is an update button (I think in the bottom right). Once all the downloads are complete you can just sync your iPad to update them all... Presto!

Most reactions

Latest posts