What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q4 iPad Sales Figures Expected to be Weak

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Black_Friday_2012.JPG

BGR writes today that Apple could be in for some bad news when its 2012 Q4 iPad sales figures are released next week, as according to China-based market research company TrendForce, Q4 full-size iPad sales have been somewhat underwhelming, despite the fact that the tablet shipment as a whole “showed dramatic growth,†whereas the 9.7-inch iPad “saw lower-than-expected sales,†to quote TrendForce. BGR says that the inconsistency between tablet shipment growth and slower iPad sales is explained by the fact that Apple increased its procurement at the end of the year because it wanted to maintain its relationship with suppliers, which is the reason for the 25.6% growth in the overall tablet market shipment month on month up to 19.34 million units. BGR says that TrendForce also indicates that the success of the iPad mini has had a cannibalizing effect on the larger iPad. We’ll have to wait until next week to see the actual figures.

Source: iPad sales weak Q4 2012: iPad demand slows during holiday quarter | BGR

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a couple of months ago there was a report saying that the mini has no cannibalizing effects on the larger iPad. Things change fast....if you can believe the reports.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I know, I was thinking that when I was writing it! Got another story that's just come in today as well about the emphasis shifting to the iPad mini, should be up very shortly!

Just a couple of months ago there was a report saying that the mini has no cannibalizing effects on the larger iPad. Things change fast....if you can believe the reports.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

The beauty for apple is that either way they are selling a tablet. Unless they see it as every buyer of a mini is not a buyer of a full size iPad so it's still only one sale versus two. I dunno what I'm trying to say....:)

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I think you are trying to say is... ;-) Is who cares if Apple sells an iPad or an iPad Mini they both consume apps and that's where the money is!!

Most reactions

Latest posts