What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulse App pulled from Appstore

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bloody lawyers!

Due to complaints from the New York Times the news reader app has been pulled from the appstore after Steve Jobs had praised it earlier in the day.

Frankly if the NYT doesn't want people to see the work of their journalists why the hell do they have a website?

Pulse was an excellent app which really exploited the graphical strengths of the iPad. I'm glad I already have the app, but angry that future developement will be constrained, if not stifled by this sort of behaviour.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so the two kids who wrote the app will take out the ability to search for NYT content and the Old Grey Lady will take one more small slide to obsolescence while the app returns.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's ridiculous, really. In reality, every paid RSS app with the ability to pull NYT feeds should be in the same boat.

They'll band NYT feed retrieval and it'll be back up in no time.

Its dumb because we pay for their development effort, not the content of feeds. Stupid NYT... Thats why I read the Wall Street Journal :)

Matenrou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it was pulled because they showed NYT on the screenshots and had it preselected when you started the app?

Why not make the app free and donate the money they made from taking money to provide free information?

EDIT: WHy didnt they just remove any preset RRS settings(if they had) and made it a normal rss reader?

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To hell with the NYT anyhow. Liberal trash rag. I'm going to buy the app even if I don't use it just to say to hell with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts