What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prototyping our carbon fiber IPAD case (part II)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
what? your going to send us a prototype to test out? Thats great news!!!

LOL just joking :D

is that a hydroponic lamp? LOL

Last edited:
OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We actually have one scheduled to ship to the IPADforums.net people for up close review.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
We actually have one scheduled to ship to the IPADforums.net people for up close review.

I'm an IPADforums.net people. :D

My iPad has a full body Ghost Armor though, not sure how well it would fit with a tight fitting case.

What type of case is that? hard back corbon fiber with a glued in padding and lip?

**edit**
oops, i didnt see part 1, so its an actual CASE like a breifcase type style just for transporting the iPad. Will it have a handle?

You would make a mettal one with a chain that handcuffs to your arm, then no one could steal your iPad. It would be like in the movies when they transport valuable jewls to a bank.

Last edited:

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if its 007 then you must have a self destruct mechanism, that when the case recognizes its not the owner opening it--- then it blows up!!!!

:D

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is are 15" laptop case with new latch design and prepeg carbon fiber. This case has a height of 5cm. Our IPAD case has a height of 3cm with a slightly smaller latch of the same style. The IPAD case has a little extra internal space to accommodate a snap on back cover. Cases begin shipping next week.
cfc15newlatch.jpg

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ultrimate, I will get some better pictures on here shortly. The case above is one of our laptop cases which is thicker then the IPAD case. Our IPAD case is very low profile (3CM) and just slightly larger then the IPAD in the length and width. It has the same look with dimensions much more proportional to the IPAD. I know a single picture is worth a 1000 words.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks awesome! something spys would have, i love good quality stuff like that, and it looks like you can drop from a building and ipad would be safe..

looks bullet proof too!

I would love to own a case like that but I think its out of my range in price..

swisspolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice looking case, I know it's made of carbon fibre but how much does it weigh when you add all the padding etc?

HarlyFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you set a price yet? When will they ship and are you taking orders yet? Can you find a pic to post. I need to order a case today and don't want to miss out on this.

Thanks!

iBold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is are 15" laptop case with new latch design and prepeg carbon fiber. This case has a height of 5cm. Our IPAD case has a height of 3cm with a slightly smaller latch of the same style. The IPAD case has a little extra internal space to accommodate a snap on back cover. Cases begin shipping next week.

Did you laminate it and let is dry in open air or do use a vacume with glasfiber, and use an autoclaaf to finish the product?

Most reactions

Latest posts