What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Productivity Software

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - anyone out there figure out some productivity software processes for the iPad?

I currently use Notebook (by Circus Ponies) for my normal note taking. The notebook people have not plans (right now) for designing something for iPad. You can take your current notebooks and publish to mobile me - but that's about it.

As far as task management - I use Toodledo - it works great on both the mac internet interface and the ipad app.

For hard core project management I use shared plan pro which has a web interface. My thoughts - anyone know of a comprehensive piece of software that's supported on both the mac and iPad?

I used to use Evernote - has that come along at all?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you tried Sundry Notes? It's free and you can organize notebooks of data with audio recordings and web screen grabs...it's a really great stream of conscious scrapbook style notebook.

OP
DavidNM

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you tried Sundry Notes? It's free and you can organize notebooks of data with audio recordings and web screen grabs...it's a really great stream of conscious scrapbook style notebook.

does Sundry Notes sync with anything on the Mac?

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For task management I use OmniFocus which follows David Allen's GTD system. It is useful for very detailed project management as well as everyday to-do's and checklists. It is more expensive than the average app but, to my way of thinking, you get what you pay for with the various to-do apps out there. Omni is planning an iPad specific release in the (hopefully near) future but even the regular version on the iPad is still everything it needs to be. I believe it syncs to the Mac as well.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score

does Sundry Notes sync with anything on the Mac?

Are you looking for hand writing notes or typed notes?

For the typed notes the included notepad on the iPad is great and already interfaces within the OS unlike most 3rd party. They can also be synced with your Mac.

But I'm guessing your looking for more elaborate note taking with ability for taking screen grabs and hand written notes as well as web clips with format and style layouts.

Im still looking in this area as well, all other productivity basis I pretty much have covered already, only still waiting for scanner pro to update some type of exchange between iPhone and iPad for better collaboration of PDF created documents. For example sharing pictures and other media between both devices when out on the road without having to sync everything from unit to desktop or laptop then over to the other device.. Just plain ole device to device sharing is what Im after, but within the productivity app.

dougcar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
multiple copy to clipboard

As i read through the news i like to copy paragraphs. it would be terrific if there were an app that let me do this without having to save each one, but that just saved all the copies to a big clipboard. even merged them as one file easy to email.

Talltim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For Task Management I use Taskwise, there is a free version available on their site

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Evernote all the time on my iPad and love it. Have 4 mac & pc machines synced and it just works. Have been using it for a couple of years and never reached my monthly limit. One of the best free apps out there.
My only wish is they would develop a webclipper for mobile safari, but hopefully the multitasking in the iOS update will make copy pasting quicker.

MaggieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsforipads.net
As i read through the news i like to copy paragraphs. it would be terrific if there were an app that let me do this without having to save each one, but that just saved all the copies to a big clipboard. even merged them as one file easy to email.

You might want to check out an app called SlingNote. It allows you to grab text and pics from websites and you can compile them all onto one page ... It just might fit your application.

DGBenton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - anyone out there figure out some productivity software processes for the iPad?

I currently use Notebook
Toodledo
shared plan pro
Evernote

You listed several products there. That's been my frustration as well - I'm not very productive if I have to jump between a bunch of different apps for the things I need to manage in my life.

Your mileage may vary as to what constitutes "productivity", but I'll suggest a productivity app that I beta tested and found to be very impressive.

It's called LifeTopix and it provides out-of-the-box modules for 12 areas of your life (tasks, projects, events, shopping, finances, health, travel, etc.), and ties them together so data only has to be entered once. Plus, it integrates with the native calendar and contacts applications to carry this idea of non-duplication of data to the fullest. I have really found it helpful and a great productivity tool.

I tested it on both the iPhone and the iPad. The current version does not have orientation support on the iPad, but that's coming by the end of this month (I've actually seen it in the latest beta, so I know it's really coming).

Anyway, I think it's worth a look.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score

If you're just after text, you can simply use the iPad's Notes app to do this.

SupK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I use clip2box. You can clip text images and video. After clipping, save your clips into Box (on the cloud). You can login to Box from any of the devices you have mentioned and access your clips from there. Hope it helps.
youtube dot com slash watch?v=B7AVg5l1kJM and youtube dot com slash watch?v=OlddUvC4Odg might help!

Most reactions

Latest posts