What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Productivity iPad vs Asus transformer

eep02b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
The apps that have completely separate purchases for iPhone and iPad are because it was a complete rewrite for the tablet to take advantage of it fully. The reason that does not exist for android tablets is because most apps are written for phones.

Though I have come across android apps that say Tegra 2 or 3 required. That seems worse to me.

If that's the case, why aren't twitter and Facebook separate apps on iPad?? And it would be no different than an app bring written for the iPhone 4s only.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Common sense would tell you not to compare apples to oranges. so why would u do that with sd screens to he screens?? I mean obviously thenhd screen will be better. If I compare a iPhone 3GS to an iPhone 4s of course the screens are gonna look different.
As for the stylus. That's a matter of your opinion. I've used stylus on both tablets, and have seen no difference on either screen. If you are seeing a diff, maybe you need to clean your screen. But honestly, I'd much rather use my finger. Even in class taking notes. I agree that a tablet can be a replacement for a binder, but I can just as easily use my finger to write as I can with a stylus.
In app purchases are stated on the store?? Them how come I've downloaded lots of "free" apps only to find out the functionality I wanted requires an in app purchase?? And all of the apps I use on android I have gotten either free, or severely reduced. The apps may be on sale, but not nearly as much as android. 10 cent apps, free apps, 25 cent apps, I'll take that over reducuced to 99 cents from 4.99 for the iPad version everyday. And what's with diff versions for most of the iPad apps?? I'm still trying to get used to having to purchase diff apps for phone and tablet...

Lets try this again:

1. You state the only thing "better" on the iPad is apps.
2. I point out - Apple has moved on to HD screens while everyone else hasn't.
3. Therefore, Screens would be better and a plus on the iPads side.

We're not comparing screens, we're comparing current offerings from Android tablets & Apple tablets. Pulling the "apples to oranges" shows a misunderstanding of what's being addressed. Not an unfair screen vs screen comparison...but a what can you currently buy comparison..

I'm doubting you've actually used Styluses on both tablets. I would be very interested to hear what note writing apps you've used on the iPad, as well as on Android. If you google the dissambly of Asus tablets (available on the Asus Transformer forums) - you will see the hardware differences between them.

Having used them both in the real world (with bamboo stylus & targus executive ), - there's huggee difference in fluidity and response. Most people who actually own them and tried them both, say the same thing - even on the Asus Transformer forum (I'm there a lot).

BTW - in the app store, there's a box that states what the inapp purchases are. You're still not understanding what I mean by app sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions