What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't understand the android tablet product line

Status
Not open for further replies.

1096bimu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just can't understand what were they thinking releasing those bad products that have no advantages what so ever. I mean I can understand having an android tablet, it does have some edge over the iPad depending on what you do with it, but some of the android tablets are simply inferior.
For example why would I ever want to buy a toshiba thrive? It's super thick super heavy, it didn't come out as early as the Xoom, it doesn't have a pen and it has no software advantage either. Were they thinking maybe a costumer will mistaken it with another product and buy it by accident?
And why would I want to get a 2 pounds keyboard tablet? It's too thick too heavy and it has no real advantages. I think I type pretty fast on the iPad at least on landscape mode, almost as fast as on my some what high end mechanical keyboard on desktop. And it's not like those compact slider keyboards will actually compare to even a notebook or Bluetooth keyboard. I guess their plan is to wait for someone who is stupid enough to buy it just because of the keyboard and does not bother to look at the reviews.
And oh those windows 7 tablets are just laughable, who would ever get one of those? I rather get myself a Netbook, at least they are cheaper and easier to type. It just seems that these companies are just rushing to get and piece of crap they could put together and get them on the market.
If you really want an android tablet and I respect that, why get anything other than the galaxy tab10.1 or Asus transformer in case you really want to type a lot and actually use things like USB and HDMI port?
I would Argue that even those two best models are not as good as the iPad but that's another story. They should all sell for like $50 less than the iPad for equal storage, some of them are just playing jokes having like same price for 8th memory, ridiculous.
Currently the iPad 2 is the fastest tablet (well they talk about 1GB ram but that's just funny, who's gonna worry about memory when using a tablet or a phone?), and has one of the best screens, and the best design. And arguably the best software. Competing with it means you either provide more storage, more networks, or less price. Like the kindle fire, why don't they get it?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fail to understand why you would take out such a thread. Could it be you are a troll and in the mood to stir it up.

I'm thinkin so. Threads such as these do not benefit IPF, it's members or users of mentioned devices.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions