What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with video player on ipad2

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've problem with my video player on ipad...its not working...i can't play the video and even cant see anything on that...what can i do to fix this problem? Please help me,friends...:'(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried closing the app then relaunching it? From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly See if it's operating now and let us know.

OP
sopieyantie

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tq for ur info but that's not my real problem...actually my video player is the stock one in ipad...at the beginning, i can play the video through this application but after a few day, i cant open the apllication...it is not the problem with the video which i put on my ipad but with the video player (application)..ican drag the video from itunes to my ipad but when i open the videos application on my ipad, it doesn't work...nothing come out, just blank view...please help me if you can...ty :(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sopieyantie said:
Tq for ur info but that's not my real problem...actually my video player is the stock one in ipad...at the beginning, i can play the video through this application but after a few day, i cant open the apllication...it is not the problem with the video which i put on my ipad but with the video player (application)..ican drag the video from itunes to my ipad but when i open the videos application on my ipad, it doesn't work...nothing come out, just blank view...please help me if you can...ty :(

The video player application is the app that I am saying to close completely and then relaunch, try the above steps if you haven't already and let us know if this makes a difference.

OP
sopieyantie

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Are you saying that the app does not open at all, or that when it opens there is nothing there, ie. there are no videos listed?

Yes...it does not open at all..please help me..:(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sopieyantie said:
Yes...it does not open at all..please help me..:(

Try a reset of your iPad. This reset will not change anything on your iPad and is just like rebooting a PC. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Now see if your video app is working and let us know. Good luck!

OP
sopieyantie

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Try a reset of your iPad. This reset will not change anything on your iPad and is just like rebooting a PC. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Now see if your video app is working and let us know. Good luck!

Still not working...:'(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sopieyantie said:
Still not working...:'(

If you've done these steps I'm at a loss to explain why this is happening to a native app on the iPad. I hope that someone else here knows more on this issue.

OP
sopieyantie

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
If you've done these steps I'm at a loss to explain why this is happening to a native app on the iPad. I hope that someone else here knows more on this issue.

I hope so,leelai..thank you for helped..

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would recommend finding someone local that can check it out for you. A friend or workmate may be tech savvy or very iOS fluent. Sometimes a hands on troubleshoot is way better than getting advice through a forum where we do not have the benefit of visually seeing the issue.

Good luck!

rbowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Have tried all the steps above and it still doesn't work. I catch a glimps of a frame opening, but the screen quickly goes black. Similar to when you close with a video in process then reopen...but touching the screen doesn't activate anything...like the "Done" button which will then close the current video. It seems like it is 'hung' as opposed to not opening at all. Not sure this helps with anything - other than letting sopie know they are not alone. :-(

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you give us more info? Where did the video come from? Did you rip it yourself? If so, which program? As has been mentioned, this is very difficult to diagnose at a distance.

toomuchtyping

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
I am facing the exact same prob.
iPad2 16GB 3G version (iOS 5.1 (9B176)
I downloaded the trailer for Despicable Me 2 from the IMDB website (3 min vid) (or somewhere similar). This is an mp4 format. I can register this in itunes (version 10.5.3.3) [I know that there are later versions of both the iOS as well as iTunes) ... Then from iTunes library, I sync this with iPad2. It goes into the "Videos" app. I play it 3 times for my kids. The next day, videos just does not open. I press the icon. The screen turns black but I can see the little hint of backlit so I know that something is going on ... I can do the 5 finger swipe and it "closes" the video app. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Most reactions

Latest posts