What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos won't play on any Ipad 2 player type?!?

pagsy11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an admitted newb but having unbelievable issues getting converted Tivo videos to play on any player on new Ipad 2 - default IPad player, AVPlayer HD, X Player. I've tried converting using Pavtube and Tivo Desktop Plus, in Ipad format, 264, mpeg 4, etc, and I invariably get the following after transferring from Itunes to the IPad (files play fine on Itunes):
- default player : This movie format is not supported
- AVPLayer HD: no video (or audio), file plays for < 1 second and then ends
- X Player: no video (or audio), file begins to play and appears that it will play for several hours according to timer.

TV shows downloaded from Itunes work fine; some home videos transferred sometimes work.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?!?!?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - this is probably not going to help, but it does fix a whole load of problems....

Power the iPad completely off by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears. Accept the offer to switch off. The iPad will power down. When the rotating white bezel has disappeared and the screen is completely blank, then press the Power switch again to power up the iPad. It takes a while. Once the iPad is up and running, try those third-party apps again. Power the iPad down and back on again allows the iPad's operating system, iOS, to do a whole load of 'housekeeping' operations and, in particular, to free up RAM (system memory), which can help apps that are memory-intensive.

Tim

OP
P

pagsy11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the thoughts. No luck on complete power down but I did have success this morning by bypassing Itunes completely and transferring files via AVPlayer HD's wifi capability. All the Tivo Ipad converted files play fine when using this method; still no luck using default player or dragging files from PC to Apps area of Itunes Ipad. Guess I'm okay with transferring via wifi (though a bit slower), any idea what within Itunes could be affecting playability of videos?

Most reactions

Latest posts