What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with New Ipad

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This iPad is less than 5 hours old and my wife is already having problems with it,I have contacted Apple support and waiting for their reply. I am posting this just in case some others have had it or may get it. Here are the problems.
1.Screen not responding to touch. 2.Home page eratic with the Keyboard jumping up and down from the bottom of iPad. 3.Search Box moving from side to side. 4.Icons moving from side to side. I first re-booted and that was no help,then I did a Restore on the Itunes, that did stop the bouncing up and down of the Keyboard. The battery level was at 60 percent so I charged it overnight.
This morning the screen was froze again so I re-booted and it seem normal at the present but for how long.

Al.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait to find out how long; that iPad would go back to Apple right away.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait to find out how long; that iPad would go back to Apple right away.

I'm about ready to send it back or take it to the nearest Apple store, I have the box and packing material it came in. The Apple tech people said they will call me at 9:00 this morning,so I will wait until then. Better Half is all upset as it is her birthday gift, and heck knows how long it will take to get another,we are leaving for Norway mid August and she would like to take it with her.

Al.

galloschramme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it seems the ipad thougt something was flicking the home screen from left to right and back
because if you flick it to the right, the search box appears together with a keyboard
that may explain your problem

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple tech called and told me to check it for one more day and if it does it again take it back to a apple store. Naturally it wasnt acting up when he called,he thinks there could be a problem with the HOME BUTTON.

Al.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it seems the ipad thougt something was flicking the home screen from left to right and back
because if you flick it to the right, the search box appears together with a keyboard
that may explain your problem

The search box was moving right and left and the keyboard was moving up and down at the same time without me touching a thing.:confused:

Al.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE. Took the ipad to the local apple store and told one of the staff what the problem was and lucky for me they had the same model in stock and we just exchanged ipads. The store was crowded with people buying and taking classes,however the guy felt sorry for me I guess, so instead of making a appointment and wait three hours he took care of me on the spot.

Al.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad that the problem was resolved so quickly and so well.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad that the problem was resolved so quickly and so well.

So am I as the wife was beginning to get disappointed in our new toys, she has never used a computer but she has been doing very well on her ipod and my iPad, so I decided to buy her one for her birthday. She is happy tonight destroying them pigs with the birds,she is on level 21 already.:)

Al.

Most reactions

Latest posts