What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comiczeal 4 app faulty / unresponsive

toxicquack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded comiczeal 4 for the iPad and added lots of comics to it and everything was working fine. However the app will now only load a black screen. The menu bar very briefly appears (less than 1 second) upon initial launch and is not selectable. I can still switch between "pages" by tapping the sides of the iPad, but the only thing that ever appears is a blank black screen. I tried rebooting the iPad, and also re-booting the individual app but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any support on how to rectify this issue? It seems to be stuck in limbo at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded comiczeal 4 for the iPad and added lots of comics to it and everything was working fine. However the app will now only load a black screen. The menu bar very briefly appears (less than 1 second) upon initial launch and is not selectable. I can still switch between "pages" by tapping the sides of the iPad, but the only thing that ever appears is a blank black screen. I tried rebooting the iPad, and also re-booting the individual app but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any support on how to rectify this issue? It seems to be stuck in limbo at the moment.

Thanks for any help.
The latest version of ComicZeal that was released about 2 days ago has some issues. I'm guessing you enabled "hide arrow" so you can't access the menu anymore through that button. I think you only have two choices as this point:
1) Don't use ComicZeal until the bugs in the current release get worked out.
2) Reinstall ComicZeal. You will lose all of your bookmarks and have to resync your comics.

You can follow the dev's twitter for the latest news: Emiliano Molina (bitolithic) on Twitter

OP
T

toxicquack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your speedy reply. It's reassuring to know that the developer is aware of the issue, hopefully a resolution will be made available shortly. I have about 5gb of comics on there at the moment so I will hold off on reinstalling it fully for the time being as I would lose all of those and their relevant bookmarks.

Thanks again for the reply, fingers crossed the fault gets sorted out soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts