What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem????

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had the iPad turn go completely black (turn off). And require that you hold the power button for 10 sec???

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. (Not to me)
But could it be that the Battery reached the 2% limit, and shut off the device ?
Did you indeed turned it of again, and all was back to normal ?
Let's learn something here.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had it happen once. Not on mine but my sisters. Again it has only happened once.

OP
D

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well no, the battery life was at bout 82%......I was playing a game ,pressed the home button then the power button to put the device to sleep, and when I pressed the power a second time nothing happened.

I believe that maybe the iPad was running too many apps and couldn't handle the process. So it kinda reboots itself. I don't know I am no apple expert but it's the only thing I can think of. Please post if you have even the smallest idea why this happens. Would be good to know.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pressing the home and power button together is used to shut the iPad completely off. Perhaps you did that?

OP
D

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pressing the home and power button together is used to shut the iPad completely off. Perhaps you did that?

Yeap I realize that holding both buttons will turn the iPad off, but I did not press them both simultaneously let alone hold them for more than 3 seconds. It's mysterious ....:confused:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had the iPad turn go completely black (turn off). And require that you hold the power button for 10 sec???
Something similar happened to me.
I always dock the iPad for the night. One morning it just wouldn't turn back on whatever combination of buttons I tried. I think it's when I kept the two buttons pressed simultaneously for at least two minutes out of shear panic and desperation that woke it. At that point it showed 86% of power left as it should have shown 100% as usual. Then it started to ask for my password every time I used iTunes and AppStore apps and insisted that I upgrade to 4.2...

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has happened three times for me but not sure what caused it.

Most reactions

Latest posts