What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with keyboard

carolweaver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over the last week or so I find my 64GB Wifi plus 3G iPad has (new iPad) started having the keyboard disappear when I am trying to type. For instance if filling in something online, ie for the Travelodge web site, I try to enter the place I am looking for a bed, and I get one letter typed, and the keyboard goes, I touch the typing bit again, get another letter typed, it's gone again

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do to overcome it.

I have had these since they first came out and got my first one from the States but never ever encountered this problem. It has Apple Care on it, so not a huge problem as I will have to go into my local reseller! as we moved.

Carol

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If a website hasn't finished loading yet, the keyboard will drop. So my suggestion would be to wait until the page is fully loaded before typing.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If a website hasn't finished loading yet, the keyboard will drop. So my suggestion would be to wait until the page is fully loaded before typing.

Hi Carol - in addition to Johanna's excellent advice, and if not already done, you might want to go through the steps quoted below; first, 'Force Close' the browser (assume Safari); if not successful, 'Restart' the iPad, and if still not effective, then do a 'Reset' (directions below if not familiar w/ the maneuvers) - let us know if these steps help - Dave :) P.S. welcome to the forum!

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up):
a. iOS 6.x - press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.
b. iOS 7.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
C

carolweaver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Carol, Does this happen after pairing a bluetooth keyboard?
hi

No it seems to be with chrome browser, I prefer safari, but chrome lets me see tabs open on other machines, like my phone and iMac. I have done a reset but hVent used it much for I filling forms, which is when it happens. I must pay more attention to see if it is because the page hasn't downloaded next time. It isn't all the time

Carol

Most reactions

Latest posts