What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with downloading and updating large and medium apps.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I download medium or/and large apps, it always fail to download/update. It takes me a lot of retries for me to finish one. I tried deleteing and re-downloading the app. I tried restarting my iPad, rebooting. No luck.

Is there anyways to fix this?

Also when I switch between app stores for example philippines to US stores instead of getting the apps I purchased in th e US store I get the purchase I made in the philippines. I manage to fix this by logging out then logging in. But this always happen when I switch between stores.

Is there anyways to fix this also?

Also the device i am using is an iPad 2.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trouble downloading large apps may have more to do with your Internet connection rather than your iPad.....how is your Internet speed have you ever done a check on it?
There are apps available for this.

You will need to be logged into whichever account you want to buy an app with. ie....If you want to buy in the US store, you will need to be logged into that account....it will normally then switch to the US store.

Hope this is what you meant!

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trouble downloading large apps may have more to do with your Internet connection rather than your iPad.....how is your Internet speed have you ever done a check on it?
There are apps available for this.

You will need to be logged into whichever account you want to buy an app with. ie....If you want to buy in the US store, you will need to be logged into that account....it will normally then switch to the US store.

Hope this is what you meant!

My wi-fi is 2.4 Ghz. Is that good?

Also I tried removing all data in my iPad and getting back a restored save in iTunes. All my apps is not encrypted in iTunes so I lost data. I tried downloading my apps back and I get the same fail message. So it may have to do with my iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I download medium or/and large apps, it always fail to download/update. It takes me a lot of retries for me to finish one. I tried deleteing and re-downloading the app. I tried restarting my iPad, rebooting. No luck. Is there anyways to fix this? Also when I switch between app stores for example philippines to US stores instead of getting the apps I purchased in th e US store I get the purchase I made in the philippines. I manage to fix this by logging out then logging in. But this always happen when I switch between stores. Is there anyways to fix this also? Also the device i am using is an iPad 2.
There's no other way to switch between App Stores than logging out of one country's App Store, and logging in with another country's Store. There's no workaround and no fix for this.

As leelai already told you, if you have problem downloading apps, it's often the internet connection that's causing this.
You could download large apps through iTunes on your computer, and then sync your iPad to it afterwards.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By Internet speed Leelai meant the download and upload speeds you are getting from your WiFi at home. Here is an example I did just now, using the speedtest.net app from the AppStore. image-3147715492.jpg Here's the AppStore link. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/speedtest.net-mobile-speed/id300704847?mt=8

The higher the download speed in mbps, the faster your download times.

Last edited:
OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's no other way to switch between App Stores than logging out of one country's App Store, and logging in with another country's Store. There's no workaround and no fix for this.

As leelai already told you, if you have problem downloading apps, it's the often internet connection that's causing this.
You could download large apps through iTunes on your computer, and then sync your iPad to it afterwards.

I manage to change my app store by going in settings-> itunes and app store-> view apple.

What I was talking about is that when I switch country app stores, in the purchased list I get the purchase list of the last country app store I have been. I fixed this by logging out my apple id and logging in back. The problem is that I when I switch country app stores it happens again.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am downloading it but it is taking a very long time to download it also.

Big apps take longer to download. However, the conditions on the internet can change over time, so bigger apps are more likely to see those changes which are difficult to notice during short time periods. Everyone and anyone who deals with the internet has to deal with this. Most of the time, this is NOT iPad related. I agree with the other poster that it is better, in such cases, to download the app on your computer in iTunes (where you have a wired connection which in many cases is faster) and once you get it down, sync your iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I manage to change my app store by going in settings-> itunes and app store-> view apple. What I was talking about is that when I switch country app stores, in the purchased list I get the purchase list of the last country app store I have been. I fixed this by logging out my apple id and logging in back. The problem is that I when I switch country app stores it happens again.
Do you use the same email address for both stores? I can't imagine another way for just switching App Stores by only viewing your Apple ID.

Logging out and in again is the easiest method to switch Stores without complications.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you use the same email address for both stores? I can't imagine another way for just switching App Stores by only viewing your Apple ID.

Logging out and in again is the easiest method to switch Stores without complications.

Yes I use the same email. Without no other apple id. Just one. Settings-> Itunes and App store -> Apple ID-> tap the slot where there is a flag -> do all the procedures (I think in the first step that is where you can pick your country app store) also for the last step I use random (And valid) informations.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I use the same email. Without no other apple id. Just one. Settings-> Itunes and App store -> Apple ID-> tap the slot where there is a flag -> do all the procedures (I think in the first step that is where you can pick your country app store) also for the last step I use random (And valid) informations.
Wouldn't it be easier, if you switch between App Stores often, to use an extra email address for each country? All you have to do when changing Stores is log out with the one ID and log in with the other one, thus switching between countries as well.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier, if you switch between App Stores often, to use an extra email address for each country? All you have to do when changing Stores is log out with the one ID and log in with the other one, thus switching between countries as well.

Well my email for my apple id is iCloud, and yes that is easier. Also I have purchases in those countries (Infinity blade, which I am currently downloading and having trouble downloading)

Also I have other apps downloading so yeh. It took my a lot of retries downloading Infinity Blade 3 even without other apps downloading.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, you will be able to switch the stores, but only to view this way. If you then elect to buy an app, it will come from the Store in which you have your account, which it seems is the Phillippines and only if they have this app available in your Store.. If you wish to buy from the US store or any other Country's store, you will need to open an account with this store.

This is easily done.....let us know if you wish to do so.

That's if I'm reading this right! ;)

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, you will be able to switch the stores, but only to view this way. If you then elect to buy an app, it will come from the Store in which you have your account, which it seems is the Phillippines and only if they have this app available in your Store.. If you wish to buy from the US store or any other Country's store, you will need to open an account with this store.

This is easily done.....let us know if you wish to do so.

That's if I'm reading this right! ;)

It shows th purchases I had in the last store I have been. When I log out and log in the same ID I finally get the purchased list of the store I am in.

Also I managed to buy apps in the US store using a valid us credit card

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how this works now with iOS 7, and at the moment I can't try if it still works, but it was possible in iOS 6 to switch between App Store countries, using the same Apple ID, not only to view the store, but also to purchase apps. But every time you switched you had to enter the whole information (address, payment information, ...) again. So to change/switch between stores was very inconvenient.

Using different Apple IDs is much easier.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts