What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem downloading app

stella48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an app that will hopefully enable me to highlight PDFs but I can't get it to download. I keep getting a message that it can
T do it until I am logged into the i tunes store. I downloaded this one and many others just fine. What's up?:confused:

OP
S

stella48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also can't find the app I want to dowload and can't remember the name of it. UGH!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was the name of the app GoodReader? That's the app that most people use to annotate PDF documents. Have a look in the App Store and see if you recognise it. If you've already purchased it you can verify that in iTunes by checking your purchase record.

Tim

OP
S

stella48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Was the name of the app GoodReader? That's the app that most people use to annotate PDF documents. Have a look in the App Store and see if you recognise it. If you've already purchased it you can verify that in iTunes by checking your purchase record.

Tim

I finally was able to find and install "I annotate" but can't figure out how to use it or get it to the PDFs I already ha e. Any ideas.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I opted for GoodReader as my PDF reader although the app does much more - the help option provides an extensive review of the program.

So, just open the app and look for a help option (may just be a question mark); also the 'User Guide' for the program is at the developer's website HERE.

Good luck - :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally was able to find and install "I annotate" but can't figure out how to use it or get it to the PDFs I already ha e. Any ideas.

The best way to get PDFs you own into iAnnotate is to either e-mail them to yourself or put them in Dropbox. For e-mailing, in the Mail app, press and hold the attachment. A dialog box should open, giving you an "Open In..." option. Choose iAnnotate and it will open.

Using Dropbox: Find your document in Dropbox and have it open in the preview pane. In the upper right hand corner is an arrow. Pressing on it gives you the "Open In..." option. Select iAnnotate and again, iAnnotate will open.

Within iAnnotate, there is also an option for you to be able to access Dropbox directly and pull documents down to the app.

Of course, I am assuming you have Dropbox! It's just a handy cloud storage that works well with most of the file managment apps ... plus it's free (for 2GB of storage)!

Let me know if this helps or if you have more questions.

Marilyn

OP
S

stella48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I am figuring it out. I opened it in i-annotate and now am learning to navigate the Pp. Thanks for your help.

Most reactions