What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem with Canon 7750

sheilarj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. I have got an ipad mini and just bought a Canon 7750. Setup was a breeze but no matter what I try to print from my ipad, using Airprint, it wants to print on 4 x 6 paper from the photo paper tray. Which is kind of ok for photos but pretty useless when i want to use Pages or print documents or emails. I can’t find anything helpful in the Canon manual so thought I’d ask here. All ideas gratefully received.

OP
S

sheilarj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I found it but still can’t get it to work :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To print in Pages, tap the tool icon at the top right, then you'll find print:
image.jpeg

If you wish to print an email, open the email, and tap the arrow at the top right. Print is also one of the options there:
image.jpeg

Many of the apps have something similar. Look for a Share button somewhere, like here in Safari, and look for Print:
image.png
If you wish to use the app, you'll have to grant access to photos, and documents on your iCloud Drive, e.g. Open the app and select Photo Print (as an example)
image.png

Tap Photo Albums at the top right
image.png

And select a photo album. Then choose one or more of the images, and tap Print:
image.png

You can also choose the paper size for the images. This has to be done before tapping Print, and in Settings in the app.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

sheilarj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your time and trouble. I can’t find ANY option to change paper size anywhere :( The selphy app doesn’t find any of my photos or documents so I can’t print through that either.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to allow the app to access your photos. If you didn't, got to Settings - Privacy - Photos, and enable the app there:
image.jpeg

The only place where you can select paper size, is in the Canon app. Tap the settings tool (gear), and you'll find it:
image.jpeg

Everywhere else, (Safari, Pages, Mail, ...) there's no option to select paper size.

OP
S

sheilarj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still not working...I managed to print one document through Business Print, not selphy print, selphy print can’t see any of my pages docs.....very annoyed with Canon, when i buy a priinter with airprint I expect airprint. Thank you for your time and trouble I am going to go and verbally abuse Canon via their website. Thread closed.

Most reactions