What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with blue tooth of my IPad 2

A.K.Pradhan IPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am facing problem with blue tooth of my IPad2. When I switch on blue tooth the icon of blue tooth does not light. I was playing music with remote JBL speaker bot now the Ipad does not discover the device thro blue tooth. Can any one help me. Whether such problem is common, what checks I should exercise to identify the problem and solve it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try a reset of your iPad and see if this helps.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

OP
A

A.K.Pradhan IPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reset of your iPad and see if this helps.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

I had tried earlier also but it did not work. When I switch on blue tooth the icon on pad comes but is not lighted n when I switch it off it goes. I do not know whether that is the indication of blue tooth not working. Pad is failing to discover any devices with blue tooth. Not vey conversant with forum posting I hope this quote is correct.
I posted twice not being able to s certain whether the first one was posted in right place. sorry.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had tried earlier also but it did not work. When I switch on blue tooth the icon on pad comes but is not lighted n when I switch it off it goes. I do not know whether that is the indication of blue tooth not working. Pad is failing to discover any devices with blue tooth. Not vey conversant with forum posting I hope this quote is correct.
I posted twice not being able to s certain whether the first one was posted in right place. sorry.

Is the speaker you are trying to connect with fully charged. When you go into Bluetooth is this speaker already listed? Tap it and select Forget this device and then start the process again......make sure this speaker is charged first.

Hope this helps, let us know.

I did think you may have been having trouble with posting.....all is fine! ;)

OP
A

A.K.Pradhan IPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the speaker you are trying to connect with fully charged. When you go into Bluetooth is this speaker already listed? Tap it and select Forget this device and then start the process again......make sure this speaker is charged first. Hope this helps, let us know. I did think you may have been having trouble with posting.....all is fine! ;)

Afraid it did not work.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you have other devices that your iPad can pair with? I would 'forget all of them' turn Bluetooth off and then reset your iPad. Do you have other devices that this speaker can pair with? An iPhone perhaps? Check that it isn't already paired with something else also. Does the speaker also have a setting for pairing? Turn it off in the meantime and then start the process from scratch once you have done a reset.

That's all I've got at this point. I hope it does help!

OP
A

A.K.Pradhan IPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you have other devices that your iPad can pair with? I would 'forget all of them' turn Bluetooth off and then reset your iPad. Do you have other devices that this speaker can pair with? An iPhone perhaps? Check that it isn't already paired with something else also. Does the speaker also have a setting for pairing? Turn it off in the meantime and then start the process from scratch once you have done a reset. That's all I've got at this point. I hope it does help!

Thank you I did as advised but did not work. My HTC mobile can discover the I Pad and I pad also discovers but can not be paired. My phone can discover and pair with JBL remote speaker thro blue tooth but I pad does not. The problem certainly appears to be with I Pad. Is there any way to instruct I Pad to forget all previous devices, as such, no device is shown on I Pad. Do give a thought. Thank you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you I did as advised but did not work. My HTC mobile can discover the I Pad and I pad also discovers but can not be paired. My phone can discover and pair with JBL remote speaker thro blue tooth but I pad does not. The problem certainly appears to be with I Pad. Is there any way to instruct I Pad to forget all previous devices, as such, no device is shown on I Pad. Do give a thought. Thank you.

Your phone may be connecting with these speakers and this would stop the iPad being able to do so. So go into your phones Bluetooth, if the speakers are listed there, just swipe and this should bring up a Forget this device notice, then turn the bluetooth off on your phone. Once that's done, then try the iPad again.

I'm hoping someone with more experience with this will chime in here.

OP
A

A.K.Pradhan IPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. The problem was with JBL adjustment. Since then I have managed to find the problem and solve it with the help of JBL . Thank you to all. Help appreciated.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. The problem was with JBL adjustment. Since then I have managed to find the problem and solve it with the help of JBL . Thank you to all. Help appreciated. Sent from my iPad using iPF

Well that's great to hear that your issue is now solved.

And thank you for posting back and letting us know. Enjoy!!

OP
A

A.K.Pradhan IPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. The problem was with JBL adjustment. Since then I have managed to find the problem and solve it with the help of JBL . Thank you to all. Help appreciated. Sent from my iPad using iPF

I was just wondering whether it is at all possible to transfer data from I Pad to thumb drive or other external storage devices? Will be great if possible.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just wondering whether it is at all possible to transfer data from I Pad to thumb drive or other external storage devices? Will be great if possible. Sent from my iPad using iPF

The simple answer is yes, this can be done wirelessly with the appropriate adaptor although it may depend on what type of date you want to transfer from the iPad.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts