What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with app store and restrictions password after upgrade to iOS6. PLEASE HELP !

e_swami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  1. I bought my iPad 2 in the U.S. 2 years ago. I took up a job and moved to India about 6 months back. For the last 6 months, I had no issue accessing the U.S. app store. When I upgraded to iOS6, I cant access any app store. The iPad says that I have a US account and cant access the India store. My move to India is not permanent so I want to maintain access to the U.S. app store and my US account (I still have U.S. credit cards, addresses etc.)
  2. I went to the "iTunes and App Stores" tab hoping that I can simply point my iPad to the U.S. Store. Nothing seems obvious there but the "Apple ID" box on top is grayed out and hence cant be selected.
  3. A friend told me that I perhaps have placed restrictions preventing this. When I went to "Restrictions", I found it to be "On" and asking me for a password. Since I purchased the iPad, I dont think I ever set up a passcode, even for the iPad cover or certainly not for "Restrictions".
  4. Does the iPad come with a default "Restrictions" passcode? I have backed up my iPad from time to time but I dont EVER remember setting a "Restrictions" passcode so restoring from a back-up will probably just put this passcode back on.
I want to be able to do two things:
  1. All I want to do is to point my iPad again to the U.S. app store and start downloading apps again.
  2. Remove the passcode on "Restrictions"
Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Swami

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome you need valid address and account for both locations in order to use both stores. One cannot access the India store unless you have a separate account for India The same apples for USA. You may have to start all over again if not contact Apple. For an answer.... Try changing the apple ID to USA in iTunes or apps tore then it should switch stores

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As regards your question about the restrictions passcode, no there is no default. You must supply one when it is switched on, so it sounds like you have simply forgotten it (or someone else enabled it without you knowing). No way round that other than to remember / guess it AFAIK, or to restore your device back to factory settings and start again. Sorry :(

OP
E

e_swami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two questions:

1. If I restore the iPad, will I will be able to go to the "iTune and app stores" section and point to the US store? Will that turn "Restrictions" off?

2. How do I check iTunes on my PC to make sure that all my apps, music and photos have been backed up properly and will sync again with no problems?

Thanks

Swami

Most reactions

Latest posts