What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem Saving Contacts in Icloud

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I did some research on how to make different groups for Contacts online and instead of using an app or going through google (i don't want all these contacts syncing to my android phone), I found out I can make groups of contacts online on ICloud.com. So successfully made a different contact group, named Mom and Dad's Contacts. I added some contacts and they are all under different letters in the contacts, rather than the corresponding one to their name. Like if the name is Orlando Jones, it puts it under a letter like T or a different letter not corresponding to the first or last name. Is this a common problem? All the contacts in my ALL group are correct, just not in the new Group I created. Also, when I try to add the new contact and press Done, I get a message that says "Couldn't save changes to Mom and Dad's Contacts. Your changes to this group couldn't be saved because of a server error. Please try again". It saves the Contacts, but puts them under the wrong letter in the new group of contacts. In the group All Contacts, the contacts I added to the new group, all show up under the right letter for the names. Is there something wrong with the Contacts app or is it something I'm doing or because I'm going through ICloud.com to make a new group? Appreciate any help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I really don't have any idea what is going on.

Do they show up this way just on the iPad, or do they get messed up on the icloud.com site as well?

OP
af847

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to be a problem in ICloud. Only some of the contacts I added saved to the New Group on Icloud.com, all of them saved to ALL ICloud on there. On the Ipad, some of the them made it to the New Group I made, but on the Ipad, same thing, Most of them saved in ALL ICloud group. So must be something with ICloud, where I couldn't save the ones I wanted to the new Group. I ended up googling some apps and found a free one Called Groups, which is for the Iphone, but works fine on my Ipad. I like how that does the groups and managed to get all the correct data to where I needed it. Works for now. Thanks for replying though Twerppoet.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh well. Glad you got something to work.

While group management should work in icloud.com, I don't do it that way myself (other than a couple of quick test contacts some time ago). I use the Address Book on the iMac; which is not an option for Windows users.

Most reactions

Latest posts