What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private browsing "for real"

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google and other web browsers store your searches, is there a way to disable that on my iPad. I know private browsing erases from my iPad but I don't want google even tracking it.
Any help?

Thanks

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad only uses safari. I'm talking a private search engine.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad only uses safari. I'm talking a private search engine.

Safari is just a browser and there are others for the iPad as well.

You can control (to a degree) what data is stored locally related to your searches but as far as what the different search engines store is up to them. You'd have to review the policies provided by each search engine. For example Googles policy is located at Privacy Policy ? Policies & Principles ? Google

There are ways to hide your computers identifiers but probably not appropriate for this venue.

Yep, from what I understand the "Private" setting in Safari (and most browsers) eliminates, or reduces, the amount and type of data stored on your local device. It does nothing, or very little, as far as data collected about you by the web sites you visit.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts