What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Privacy app

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, what is the best app for iPad that you can put pics or videos in for private viewing as iPad is quite open?also I don't trust the link in some of the apps to a website to view you pics ect

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's iPad compatible - but not designed for the iPad specifically - so will only show on your iPad screen in iPhone resolution - but it will work fine.

Tim
Scotland

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beware of programs that only use "password protection" (like Picture Safe, Folders Pro, etc.). They may be safe from your kid sister, but that's about it. Anybody wanting to see "password protected" pictures in apps just needs to jailbreak the iPhone/Touch/iPad and the raw files are in the clear. Casual privacy and true security are two very different things. You need an app that uses true encryption!

Very few "privacy" apps utilize strong encryption. Here are two that do. Does anyone know of others?

My Eyes Only - 256-bit AES encryption

Private Photos - Blowfish encryption

Edit: I just want to make clear I am talking about photo apps. There are quite a few high quality apps that use encryption for password management, text, etc. But l really don't know about any other apps besides the two above that handle encryption for photos.

Edit #2: I wanted to address your concerns about importing photos using the links that some apps provide. If they're using web WiFi connectivity - they are using your local wifi at port 8080 . The link should end with :8080. That is as private and secure as your WiFi settings. If you're using WPA with AES encryption on your router - your local transfers are very secure. If you use WEP (which you shouldn't) the transfers are not so secure.

Last edited:
OP
Sjwred

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Writerranger I will look into those,also very informative ref web access.

Most reactions

Latest posts