What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost my ability to print after I updated my software. Did anyone else experience this and if so how did you solve the problem.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost my ability to print after I updated my software. Did anyone else experience this and if so how did you solve the problem.

Were you printing directly to an AirPrint compatible printer from your iPad or via a third-party app, such as PrintCentral or PrintNShare?

Tim

OP
T

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Were you printing directly to an AirPrint compatible printer from your iPad or via a third-party app, such as PrintCentral or PrintNShare?

Tim

Directly from AirPrint

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After an upgrade to iOS most Members have found that a complete power down and then power up fixes a whole load of problems. Also, you might want to power recycle your printer.

If this doesn't work, can you tell us what happens when you try to print. I'm assuming you still get the in-app print menu, but can your iPad 'recognise' your printer? i.e. it offers it as a possible printer on which to print. Or doesn't your iPad 'see' any printers at all?

If it does 'see' a printer, can you go through all the print actions on the iPad but simply the printer doesn't react?

Anyway, try the power recycling first - it's an easy first step before we get into more complex options....

Tim

OP
T

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim problem solved. A reboot of my iPad my printer and my wireless router somehow solved the problem

Most reactions