What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing to HP photosmart D110 just stopped for some reason

nyflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought a HP photosmart D110 printer about a month ago. Got it home and was printing in less than an hour from my Ipad2. Now for no apparent reason I can no longer print. iPad finds printer, but will not print anymore. I am completely lost new to all this stuff. Read a post that said may be the IP has been changed. First what is the IP and how do I remedy it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - it's probably that your router (the bit that's connected to the 'phone line or similar) has changed the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the printer and so the iPad can't find it anymore. Routers tend to move IP addresses around as devices come and go (laptops, iPads etc). The IP address is the 'computer' address by which devices address (talk) to each other. Supposing your neighbour suddenly decided to change their address - wouldn't the post person be confused? So is the iPad!

So you need to tell your router - nicely, of course..:D - please don't change the IP address. I don't know which router you've got but usually there's an option to allocate a fixed or static IP address to a device. Then the router won't change that address and all will be well ....

If you let us know the router you've got we can provide step-by-step instructions, if you need them....

Tim

OP
N

nyflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If by router you mean Internet supplier it's time Warner if you mean my wireless router it is a NETGEAR N600

OP
N

nyflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One other thing I think this printer has a AirPrint feature which is why it worked so great when I first brought it home. If I understand it I don't even need my wifi to print from my Ipad2 or did I get that wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely you do need WiFi to print using AirPrint and you need a router too - the Netgear. The router is what (a) connects you to the Internet but, more importantly in this case, (b) assigns the IP addresses to every piece of computing equipment that's connected to it. It's responsible for allocating the IP address of both the iPad and the printer - AirPrint is simply the printing 'protocol' that used between the iPad and the printer. The IP address tells the iPad where to send that AirPrint data. So, if your router changes the IP address suddenly (with good reason usually) the iPad can become confused. So look in the Netgear User Manual and find out how to allocate a static IP address to the printer. Then the router won't change its address any more and the iPad won't become confused.

Tim

pete491

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Bought a HP photosmart D110 printer about a month ago. Got it home and was printing in less than an hour from my Ipad2. Now for no apparent reason I can no longer print. iPad finds printer, but will not print anymore. I am completely lost new to all this stuff. Read a post that said may be the IP has been changed. First what is the IP and how do I remedy it?"

I have this same exact problem. I bought the Photosmart D110 yesterday, brought it home, ran through the process to connect it to my network, issued a print from my iPAD 2 and everything worked perfectly. I could print anything from the 2 iPADs in our house and also print from my PC.

This morning I opened my iPAD, tried to print and .. Nothing. I tried the other iPAD..Nope. I checked the router ip address, iPAD ip address, D110 ip address, pc ip address- all the same. I CAN still print from my pc wirelessly.

The printer shows up in the iPAD when you select print but nothing happens.

Thanks!!!

FSD333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same printer and works great on my two PC laptops but my iPad2 does not even see it, never has. Is there some initial setup I am suppose to do?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts